Is sigma4less.com an authorized Nikon dealer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lms6241, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lms6241

lms6241

Apr 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Anyone ever purchase from them? What was your experience? Thanks!

2. Not sure on authorized dealer thing. Apparently they sell Nikon camera and lenses with US Warranty. I bought a 70-300 Apo HSM Sigma from them long back. I had no problem with their payment and shipment handling.

3. My understanding is that sigma4less.com sells grey market lenses. They have a 1 year warranty as opposed to the 4 (?) year warranty on US products.

4. But I see that now they mention Usa or imported and for US Nikkor lenses offer 5 years warranty.

105VR

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    it's simple, get their zip code, business name, call Nikon USA and they can tell you if they are authorized or not.

I'm betting NOT, sounds like the NJ/NY photo ring at work to me right off. Until I'd proven they were authorized, I would not touch with a 10 foot pole, and I bet they aren't.

6. lms6241

lms6241

Apr 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks. I checked their zip code and they aren't listed. I'm glad I asked.

7. I have not heard the horror stories about them and know people that have had good experiences. But they are a little misleading about authorized dealer status.
    The Sigma lenses they sell are gray market with a 1 year warrenty and when you check against B&H imports the price is not that much cheaper. If you want to save a few bucks and go gray OK but it's nice to know when you are.
    Rich

8. ive bought glass from them before and were eally nice. i had no problems at all with them. funny thing was...when i ordered the lens on the phone, the conversation was pretty much over and i had to ask "aren't you going to ask for a credit card number?"

9. Sigma4Less is a "legit" dealer (but do not know if they are an authorized Nikon dealer or not). They do sell gray market, but so does B & H, Adorama, etc. But they do not "bait & switch." Their web site states "USA" or "Imported" by the item to let you know what you are purchasing. I just purchased a Tamton 200-500mm and was well pleased. B & H and others sell the lens for $879...Sigma4less sells it for $809 - and the warranty is USA for six years. I was well pleased...but this was my first purchase from them.

By the way, they are also known as "Photo 4 Less Inc."

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I went and looked, doesn't look to bad on the surface, but any site that gets my business lists a physical address in the About Us section.

No address at all listed, just a phone number.

when in doubt,
    http://www.resellerratings.com/

mixed reviews, fair but not greatest.

11. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    i ordered my tokina 12-24 from them, imported but with a mack warranty..
    when the lens arrived i noticed the front cap had come off and the front glass was scratched :mad:

returning it for exchange wasn't a bad experience but i did have to pay for shipping it back.. all in all i think i still saved about $100 CAD but i don't think i'll be buying anything from them again

12. Coop

Coop

Feb 9, 2006
    Holyoke, Mass.
    Their address is listed under 'contact us'

13. Yeah their international shipping is a bit high, and it is hard to find Tokina up here in Canada anyways, so you might have to go to them or B&H for stuff like that. I know I see alot of posts about sigma4less.com on other forums, and people have had ok feedback, and fairly quick shipping...unless you are Canadian and have to wait for Canada Post (yeah am bitter my package didn't arrive today :rolleyes: )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.