is something wrong with my camera or settings?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by chartchaiganan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. my friend and i went to city hall to take night shots. the only lamppost that had greenish tint cause of aging is the right one. however, the left seemed to emit a greenish aura as well. my friends D80 showed no signs of any green whatsoever, it might not have been on either as well. however, on my d200, it kept showing the green light. so i tried going through all my settings, changing different white balances, and RGB to adobeRGB. white balance on 5k kelvin seemed to somewhat reduce it, but you can still tell that it was there.

i did have both lenses, 24-70 & 17-55 with me. i believe i used both and it still showed it, but the 17-55 had UV on it.

is there something wrong with my d200? or perhaps its just settings?

[​IMG]

2. well i actually tried using flourescent white balance as well. but i'm not sure if i remember if it was alright or not. wish i did. thanks for the input though, i just hope something isn't wrong with my camera.

3. jcougowl

jcougowl

Apr 19, 2008
    Seattle
    peano - would you select the affected area, feather the selection, then adjust the color balance ?

or do you have something else?