Is the D200 firmware worthwhile?

I was at the Nikon site looking around, when I saw they came out with v2.0 firmware update for the D200 on Mar 7th 2007. After searching here, I see hardly any discussion of it. Who's installed it, and what do you think of it? Is it a worthwhile update?

Thanks Anthony & Cope, can you point me to the article?

I'd like to read up on ppl's opinions of the update.

I'd like to read up on ppl's opinions of the update.

Steve, I think I saw it on Nikonians, but it may have been on Nikon Cafe. Do a search and see what comes up. As usual, there were some who felt "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but most people recommended the upgrade.

Steve, I think I saw it on Nikonians, but it may have been on Nikon Cafe. Do a search and see what comes up. As usual, there were some who felt "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but most people recommended the upgrade.
ok, i'll check the nikonions, but i didn't find anything here. When i read what it did, or was suppose to do, it didn't seem like it applied to me, so i'm of the same philosophy, if it ain't broke....

Version 2.0 has been out since the fall, there was plenty of discussion about it back then. I updated, I like to keep my firmware up to date, but I didn't notice any difference with performance. I'm not sure what the March 7, 2007 date is all about, though, probably just updated the instructions or something.

S

SmilesLots

Like dsp921 says - the version 2.0 firmware update is from September 2006. Nothing new anymore.

I think this updated is different because I updated when the firmware came out and on my camera it was A. 2.00 and B. 1. (something can't recall.) Now the D200 has A. 2.00 and B. 2.00

Anthony

It should have been 2.0 for both, maybe you missed the B download or something. I updated in Oct or Nov and I have 2.0 in A and B.

IIRC, version 2 added support for the Wireless Transmitter and Image Authentication.
Furthermore it changed/fixed the non working AF-On for some Sigma lenses if I remember correctly.

...plus the bunch of other internal bug fixes manufacturers don't tell their clients about. :wink:

Whatever, I don't have any problems so far with version 2.00.

S

SmilesLots

It should have been 2.0 for both, maybe you missed the B download or something. I updated in Oct or Nov and I have 2.0 in A and B.
Once again you and I agree. Mine is also 2.0 or both A and B, done in early October, 2006.

Thanks guys,

For the life of me, I thought this was a brand new FW update, since it's dated Mar 07 on the Nikon site. I already have the one from last Fall!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom