Is the Epson Photo 1400 printer good for occasional photo printing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wgilles, Sep 6, 2008.

1. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
  2. Yes,

I have one and it works very well. It cost more than 179 when purchased and is worth every penny. A bit of a learning curve on printing from Photoshop, but not all that bad.

Warm regards,

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    How is the ink output, does it suck up a lot of ink (more than other printers) or is it reasonable?

4. Will,

It is fairly reasonble on ink. Most of the time when I print, it is a 6x9 centered on an 8.5 x 11 paper. The dye based inks are less expensive than the pigment based inks and that makes the 1400 more resonable than some of the other printers.

I use the Espon provided profiles in Photoshop with the printer driver set to the correct paper type and no color correction from the printer. Photoshop and Lightroom both manage the printer color very well this way.

5. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    I use Aperture, but have only printed from it a few times. I found that it did just as good as Photoshop, but I could always use Photoshop to print if I needed to. Thanks

6. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    $179 is the best price I have ever seen for that printer. You should not hesitate at this price, because it probably won't stay that low for long. Epson offers excellent print quality with 6 cartridges. If you want more accurate color, then you'll have to buy the R1900 and use 8 cartridges.

7. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Yeah, 179 seemed pretty good, I might have to get it