Is the Sigma 50 f/1.4 (non-ART) compatible with Nikon 1 ?

JPS

I've got a V1 and D800.... I planed to get myself Sigma 50 f/1.4 (non-ART), but suddenly I wonder I I could use it also on my V1 (and soon V3 too) !

If not, I guess I will have to get the Nikon f1.4 G, which, for sure is 100% compatible !

Just imagine a 135mm. f/1.4 coupled with the Nikon 1 line ?!? I guess that should be nice ...

;)
J-P.

I only have one sigma lens but it is not compatible with the V1 & FT1 combo, so I'd certainly try before you buy with regards the 50mm. if you can. I can say that the Nikon 50mm F1.4 G is a fantastic combo on the V1 and is superb iq wise, as is the 35mm F1.8 dx.

Didn't the firmware update to the FT-1 render third-party lenses incompatible? Are Sigma lenses affected or just Tamron?

JPS

I only have one sigma lens but it is not compatible with the V1 & FT1 combo, so I'd certainly try before you buy with regards the 50mm. if you can. I can say that the Nikon 50mm F1.4 G is a fantastic combo on the V1 and is superb iq wise, as is the 35mm F1.8 dx.
Didn't the firmware update to the FT-1 render third-party lenses incompatible? Are Sigma lenses affected or just Tamron?
all of my sigmas work perfectly with the ft-1 and the v3, latest firmware
Sigma 70-200 2.8 OS
Sigma 120-300 2.8 OS Sport
Sigma 35 1.4 Art
Thanks guys !

So up to now, there isn't a definite YES or NO...

MarkG's Sigma isn't compatible... but has he updated the Niklon 1 and FT-1 firmwares ?

Michael's 3 Sigma lens works allright with the new firmwares !

Hence it might be the latest firmwares that allows third parties lens to be compatible.....

Let see if there are more testifications !?!

:)
J-P.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom