Is there a .NEF exif editor

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by arela, Aug 20, 2008.

1. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Hi
    Is there a way to add eg a teleconverter or a filter to the .nef exif data?
    I found Opanda Power Exif, but it would not open .nef files.

Now i print those notes in the XMP/IPTC info.
    I would like to see something like 105mm * 1,4 or 147mm instead of 105mm.
    Also when I use the Canon 500D, the lense change attribute.
    If there is used a Pol filter, ND filter or so, it would be nice to record it.

I'm only using Capture NX2

2. I believe in NX2 there are areas in the Metadata panel which allows you to add to it.

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

My exif data, as shown in NX2, shows that I used a 2X teleconverter by looking at the Focal Length vs the lens used. See below:

355600623_vbf6P-L.

4. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    I just did a test with my 105mm DC with and without my Kenko 1.4 Teleplus PRO 300, and it says 105mm on both pics. So this might be a Kenko problem?

5. True, but if you'd shot at the short end of that lens it would read "160" and you would necessarily know if that was with or without a teleconverter. In PhotoME (my exif reader of choice) it show Max aperture=2.8 and Effective Max Aperture 5.7, so I know UI used a TC, But it is buried down the bottom of a long list! It would be nice to have TC show by default.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi tom-

i've been wondering about that, as i've noticed that the aperture info stays the same if i use my kenko TC, but the exposure is still correct. i don't see underexposure, let alone a whole stop.

ricky

7. Seems I have a different Kenko Pro 300. I put it on my 70-200 and it correctly reports both focal length and f-stop. Both shots perfectly exposed.

Camera settings not changed between shots (one with, one without).
    Without: 200mm f2.8
    With: 280mm f4.

The f-stop difference will only show up wide open, if you set it to f8 - it will give you f8 (either f5.6 + tele or f8 without) but the f-stop (amount of light) IS correct AND what you asked for. Focal length will be 1.4 x whatever you set on the lens.

Been wrong before, could be again...

8. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks to all for help and ideas
    Seems like I can change EXIF in PhotoME (thx palouse)

Here I did change form 180 to 252
    [​IMG]

edit - link

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.