Is there a .NEF exif editor

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by arela, Aug 20, 2008.

1. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Hi
    Is there a way to add eg a teleconverter or a filter to the .nef exif data?
    I found Opanda Power Exif, but it would not open .nef files.

Now i print those notes in the XMP/IPTC info.
    I would like to see something like 105mm * 1,4 or 147mm instead of 105mm.
    Also when I use the Canon 500D, the lense change attribute.
    If there is used a Pol filter, ND filter or so, it would be nice to record it.

I'm only using Capture NX2

2. I believe in NX2 there are areas in the Metadata panel which allows you to add to it.

3. jaymc

jaymc Guest

My exif data, as shown in NX2, shows that I used a 2X teleconverter by looking at the Focal Length vs the lens used. See below:

355600623_vbf6P-L.jpg

4. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    I just did a test with my 105mm DC with and without my Kenko 1.4 Teleplus PRO 300, and it says 105mm on both pics. So this might be a Kenko problem?

5. True, but if you'd shot at the short end of that lens it would read "160" and you would necessarily know if that was with or without a teleconverter. In PhotoME (my exif reader of choice) it show Max aperture=2.8 and Effective Max Aperture 5.7, so I know UI used a TC, But it is buried down the bottom of a long list! It would be nice to have TC show by default.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi tom-

i've been wondering about that, as i've noticed that the aperture info stays the same if i use my kenko TC, but the exposure is still correct. i don't see underexposure, let alone a whole stop.

ricky

7. Seems I have a different Kenko Pro 300. I put it on my 70-200 and it correctly reports both focal length and f-stop. Both shots perfectly exposed.

Camera settings not changed between shots (one with, one without).
    Without: 200mm f2.8
    With: 280mm f4.

The f-stop difference will only show up wide open, if you set it to f8 - it will give you f8 (either f5.6 + tele or f8 without) but the f-stop (amount of light) IS correct AND what you asked for. Focal length will be 1.4 x whatever you set on the lens.

Been wrong before, could be again...

8. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks to all for help and ideas
    Seems like I can change EXIF in PhotoME (thx palouse)

Here I did change form 180 to 252
    [​IMG]

edit - link