Is there an image limit when posting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim Z, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Being new here, I have read throught the FAQ's and stuff, but I cannot see anything that suggests any limits to the number of images presented in a post, nor if there is a maximum pixel size allowed. Are there any? Many other forums have limitations in these areas, and I want to make sure that I am following the rules here.

Cheers

Tim

2. Common sense prevails.
    900 pixels along the longest edge is about as big as you should go and still expect to fit most monitors.
    IMO more than a 3-4 pics in a post w/o it being a series or some other good reason is approaching too many. Remember - that is just my view, not the Cafe's.

Welcome to the group.
    Don

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I'll second what Don said. Too many photos would decrease the number of people that might view the post. If you have a web site where you can provide a link would be best for a lot of photos. I use Flickr which is free in it's basic configuration.

4. My thoughts on this is the smaller the pictures the more you can get into a post but the average is 900 pixels.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Tim,

You can post as many photos in a thread as you like, but remember, the more you do, the slower your message will load, and then the less people will read it. Don's suggestion of 3 or 4 was reasonable.

As for size, the previous version of this forum limited photos to 960 pixels wide, but now you can choose any size. I would suggest keeping with the 960 limit, as this too will keep the page managable, and you will get a larger viewership of your post.

Happy Posting!

6. Thanks all, that sounds just perfect. I normally make my images for my website 800 pixels or less, and I doubt I would ever want to post more than 3 or 4 images in one thread. I just wasn't sure if even 3 or 4 was okay. I usually try to make my posts a common theme, so all should be good :smile:

Catz, I had a look at your website, and I must say what a fantastic job you did on building it. Did you do that yourself? I know nothing about html language, so I just do my basic site in FrontPage. Yours is one of the better designed sites I have ever seen.

Cheers

t

7. Thanks Tim for the compliment on my website. If you were talking about the wedding site then that one was made by Bludomain. If you were looking at the Smudmug, that is the one where I put my landscapes on. I appreciate it so much that you noticed my sites.
    Thank you.