Is there an unsharpe mask-like adjustment in Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by gaperklake, Apr 3, 2007.

1. gaperklake

gaperklake

Mar 27, 2007
    Reno, NV
    Hello Everyone,

This is Guy very-new-at-all-of-this again. Thank you for your guidance, advice and help - again.

It seems that unsharpen mask is a pretty significant adjustment. I have not found an edit with this name in Lightroom, but is there something like it there?

Thank you so much, as usual...

Guy

2. Guy
    Currently there is not. There is a global sharpening tool that is "OK". I would anticipate much more work and improvements in this area in the near future including possible plug-in support of great products from Pixel-Genius.
    Dave

3. I heard rumors of a sharpening module for it. I wish they would get on it. That and some cloning. Not just the dust spot.

4. gaperklake

gaperklake

Mar 27, 2007
    Reno, NV
    Thanks Dave and Matt,

I too hope they get on it!

Thanks for your responses,

Guy

5. There will be improved sharpening and that is all I can say.
    Cloning is not at or near the top of the list for things to come. Personally I like the current clone/heal tool. It works weel for what it is designed to do. Remember that LR is not designed for intensive image alteration/manipulation that is the domain of PS.

Hope you are enjoying LR !!!!!!!

6. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Differing file extensions

What is the story on not being able to import two files into Lightroom with the same name but different extensions, e.g., RAW+jpg?

7. Look at the LR u2u forum for a headache about that question. I am sure that Adobe will listen there have been enough persistant reasonable requests...

8. The problem appears to be in the import process rather than a library issue. If you import the jpegs after you import the raw files it works ok. That is my work-around until a fix is available

9. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    I definately am, but I would definately like improved sharpening, as well as improved noise reduction...