1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

is there any integrity left?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phecksel, Aug 21, 2008.

1. I had taken a photo at an event I attended. The magazines photog did not get the photo. The event's hired photog didn't get the photo, but I did. The magazine and I had an agreement on payment, which is ridiculously and embarrassingly low. The photo is at the top of the article and literally takes up 1/3 of the page, and across the fold. Magazine has NOT fulfilled their side of the agreement. There won't be any doubt who took the photo, I was at least given credit. magazine is on the street now, and my agreement was a one year subscription.

How long should I give them, and what should my next action be.

2. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Why on earth would you give your work away for a $9.95 subscription???

3. It's a long story, and there's more to it then the subscription. I made a sweetheart deal (for them anyway), and they haven't lived up to it.

4. aos111

aos111

Mar 9, 2008
    little rock ar
    I don't suppose its in writing? Could prove an oral contract exists if anyone was present during the conversation. The big problem are the extent of your damges worth pursuing legal recourse.

Andy

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Since the value of the photo was determined to be the cost of a subscription I doubt legal action is worth while.

6. Did you give up your copyright to the photo? Did you sign something that says they own the copyright to the photo?

7. I don't think I gave up the copyright to the photo, via email allowed them to use the photo in exchange for the subscription.

8. Subscriptions take a little while to start. Are you sure they are not living up to their agreement?

9. Call the magazine and ask them when you'll get the first issue of your subscription. Nothing gets an answer quite like asking a question of the right person.

10. They are late, they were also supposed to send me a pdf of the published article

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.