1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is this a Home Depot spin-off????

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Baretoes, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ...Saw lots of these around Boston / Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago. The colors are right??

604695795_esF4i-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rob

2. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    that looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

3. Thats awesome! Great capture!

4. Agreed!

5. cadetrv

cadetrv

Mar 30, 2009
    Southern NH
    hahaha!! Are you kidding me? thats just rediculous. Nice capture though. Its times like that that make having a camera on you at all times a wonderful thing!

6. Parody is protected speech, and I can't see any real confusion...

Paul

7. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    Is it a parody or is that an actual business. If it's a tweaked photo, then I'd agree with the parody but, if "The Throne Depot" is an actual business then, it seems like The Home Depot legal team would make a case that it infringes on something...I'm sure some lawyers will make a lot of money discussing it;) 

8. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Looks like a lot of crap to me...LOL :biggrin:

9. It's not like you'd ever mistake that for a store!!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the courtroom if it made it that far! LOL

10. It is a real photo, not photoshoped, except for the usual contrast / sharpening / Deodorizing in NX2. I took this picture on the Seaport World Trade Center Dock in Boston during the Tall Ships weekend.

His website is posted on the side...

http://thronedepot.com/

Check it out. That really looks like a Home Depot website!

Talk about taking a brand down the toilet!

11. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    So no other businesses can use the word Depot in their name...and if they do, they aren't allowed to use the color orange? Did KMart get in trouble since WalMart had the "mart" first....?

If there was an actual problem, he probably wouldn't have been able to get register his business and get a business licence/tax id.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.