Is this jerk open for a lawsuit, or legal?

I doubt seriously that he would is violating any law, but he sure is going to take a beating if he keeps bothering people...

Surveillance cameras don't usually have sound and record your conversations, or zoom in on your space.
Yeah, he might want to be careful which state he pulls this stunt. He might have problems recording audio in Maryland since we are a "two party" consent state.

This guy looks like he's on his way to getting his butt tenderized. I just hope someone is around to capture video when he gets his butt kicked so he can get the good wholesome feeling of how he made other people feel.

And let us not forget about the woman who was stabbed to death exercising her "right" to photograph people that didn't want to be photographed. Yep, this is simply a case of lack of respect. It is very sad to see a person getting killed over this, which was another avoidable situation.

http://petapixel.com/2013/06/19/woman-stabbed-to-death-in-los-angeles-after-photographing-panhandlers/

RV's are pretty much considered homes. I think video taping inside the RV is no different than standing outside my home and video taping inside my house. There is a certain amount of privacy that is expected there.

RV's are pretty much considered homes. I think video taping inside the RV is no different than standing outside my home and video taping inside my house. There is a certain amount of privacy that is expected there.
Most people's homes are on private property, though.

wow, what a moron. a complete a$$h*Le. Not funny, not artistic, not documentary, just annoying people for the sake of annoying them. Yeah. He's going to get beaten up and will try to sue them for damages.

We will read about him being beat up or killed and will be expected to feel sorry for him. We just had a young woman killed for photographing the wrong person. I don't believe she was being as much of an *** as this guy.

I have to admit that, as I am in a room where I can not turn on the sound on the computer, I watched the video clip, but heard none of the audio.

However, I think that most of you are getting too caught up in the fact that this person is using a camera. Yes, one can usually photograph what can be seen from a public setting; however, the fact that you are holding a camera does not give one license to do anything that they care to do. What would you think of his actions, if he was doing this actions without taking the videos. I expect that most would consider his actions to be quite objectionable. The fact that he is holding a camera does not make these actions acceptable.

In many states, creating an unreasonable intrusion into the life of another can lead to charges of stalking or harassment. His own video clips indicate an intention to annoy others to such an extent that they become angry. Such actions could also subject one to charges of disorderly conduct. As has previously been mentioned, some jurisdictions do not allow the recording of conversations without the consent of both parties. There can be other issues involved, but I will just keep this simple.

Again, though photography in public is rarely barred, the fact that you are involved in photography does not give one carte blanche to do anything they want, particularly where their actions are intended to, and do, unreasonably disturb the lives of others. Trying to incite violent reactions from others is not a legally protected activity.

Yep, that guy's an absolute jerk...!

I stopped watching after the first one because I felt like "I" was invading these persons
privacy and it made me feel sleazy...

I hope he does get his arse pounded and pounded good, real soon...!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i want my 5m22s back.

this dude is going to get beaten up, probably pretty severely too. THe RV thing would be technically legal here as its parked on a public street and looking through the windshield from a sidewalk is reasonable view... now harrassing someone with a video camera for no real intent is a good way to get your self shot around here...

I have to admit that, as I am in a room where I can not turn on the sound on the computer, I watched the video clip, but heard none of the audio.

However, I think that most of you are getting too caught up in the fact that this person is using a camera. Yes, one can usually photograph what can be seen from a public setting; however, the fact that you are holding a camera does not give one license to do anything that they care to do. What would you think of his actions, if he was doing this actions without taking the videos. I expect that most would consider his actions to be quite objectionable. The fact that he is holding a camera does not make these actions acceptable.

In many states, creating an unreasonable intrusion into the life of another can lead to charges of stalking or harassment. His own video clips indicate an intention to annoy others to such an extent that they become angry. Such actions could also subject one to charges of disorderly conduct. As has previously been mentioned, some jurisdictions do not allow the recording of conversations without the consent of both parties. There can be other issues involved, but I will just keep this simple.

Again, though photography in public is rarely barred, the fact that you are involved in photography does not give one carte blanche to do anything they want, particularly where their actions are intended to, and do, unreasonably disturb the lives of others. Trying to incite violent reactions from others is not a legally protected activity.
For the most part everything I saw was legal. That said, he was effectively, if not in reality flipping people off and specifically going out of his way to disturb people

Being an *** isn't illegal, but it ain't right either.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom