Is this legit?

So browsing Craigslist I found this...and another similar one posted the day before but with a different email address:

Photographer
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-09-24, 12:19PM EDT
Currently we have an opportunity for a Photographer. If you have a passion for photography, have great customer service skills, enjoy working with preschool-age children, and are looking for a flexible work schedule, consider a career with us.
You bring the passion along with a sincere interest in learning and we will provide all the training and equipment you need to become a successful photographer!
Job Requirements: * Candidates must be at least 18 years of age * Have 2 plus years customer service or related experience * Strong attention to detail * Team-player, self-starter * Valid Driver’s License and vehicle required for travel to daycare centers * Ability to work early morning hours (M-F)
Our Photographers enjoy: * Complete Photography Training provided * No weekends! * Summers & holidays off! * Medical/dental/life insurance * Employee Stock Ownership Program * Bonus opportunities * Mileage reimbursement
Employment conditional upon background check. Required Education-High School or equivalent. Required Experience-Less than 1 Year.
Please email [email removed].com to apply for this position.

Does this seem legit? Do they really advertise on Craigslist?

And just out of curiosity, I did email them and got a response today about how I qualified and if I visited this site (haven't done that yet) to fill out the info etc.

Looks legit. I know a guy that worked for a large well known company specializing in school photos and year books. He travelled a lot and the work was okay but the wages were poor. Probably worth checking out, you both have an opportunity to say no thanks.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

Eventually I want to just get into gallery art photography. Anybody into that? I have a couple ideas that might I want to explore, but this business is too saturated.

It sure sounds like a school portrait job to me.
We had school pictures yesterday and it seems like the novelty could wear off quickly. They do travel a lot.

Real Name
Dave
You would be surpirsed at how many well established businesses advertise for employees on CraigsList. A friend of mine landed a real great job through a head hunter that advertised there.

well look at it this way, dont give up anyhtingtoo personal and see if you can meet them and check it out as its been said you can always say no

Ummm...it very well could be legit, but whatever you do, don't give them any personal information without meeting them in person and knowing that they are a legitimate company. The "job" offer scam is a good way for identity theives to steal your identity.

Did you ever see the "work from home and make money" ads ? They are scams. People send them all of the their person information and their "job" ends up being selling/recieving/shipping stolen merchandise, or they wire money for someone who is having a problem. Once they figure out it is a scam, often because the police tell them, then they have the other issue that their identity gets used for everything under the sun because their former "employers" (see theives) exploit them again. Be careful out there.

Latest threads

Top Bottom