1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is this legit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnR, Sep 25, 2008.

1. So browsing Craigslist I found this...and another similar one posted the day before but with a different email address:

Does this seem legit? Do they really advertise on Craigslist?

And just out of curiosity, I did email them and got a response today about how I qualified and if I visited this site (haven't done that yet) to fill out the info etc.

2. Looks legit. I know a guy that worked for a large well known company specializing in school photos and year books. He travelled a lot and the work was okay but the wages were poor. Probably worth checking out, you both have an opportunity to say no thanks.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. Eventually I want to just get into gallery art photography. Anybody into that? I have a couple ideas that might I want to explore, but this business is too saturated.

4. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    It sure sounds like a school portrait job to me.
    We had school pictures yesterday and it seems like the novelty could wear off quickly. They do travel a lot.

5. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    CL can be legit

a lot of people hit it up as a first resort b/c its free

6. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    You would be surpirsed at how many well established businesses advertise for employees on CraigsList. A friend of mine landed a real great job through a head hunter that advertised there.

7. atrawick

atrawick Guest

I found a listing just like that one for my area.

8. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    well look at it this way, dont give up anyhtingtoo personal and see if you can meet them and check it out as its been said you can always say no

9. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    Ummm...it very well could be legit, but whatever you do, don't give them any personal information without meeting them in person and knowing that they are a legitimate company. The "job" offer scam is a good way for identity theives to steal your identity.

Did you ever see the "work from home and make money" ads ? They are scams. People send them all of the their person information and their "job" ends up being selling/recieving/shipping stolen merchandise, or they wire money for someone who is having a problem. Once they figure out it is a scam, often because the police tell them, then they have the other issue that their identity gets used for everything under the sun because their former "employers" (see theives) exploit them again. Be careful out there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.