is this one better ? for Grace, leigh, david and Gordon

Discussion in 'People' started by alex from holland, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Grace,leigh, david and Gordon, thanks for the advice and comments you gave me on my picture is posted over here :

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=8130&highlight=

I gave it another try.
    is this better now or do i need to do some extra things ?
    (it's my daughter BTW) and it's the first time she likes a picture of herself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oh yes!!! Much much better, alex. This is exactly how I imagined it should have looked. Your daughter is stunning. I can see why she likes this portrait. Well done.

3. I like that a lot better Alex. Your daughter is lovely and should be getting you to photograph her more often.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I agree...the changes are just what was needed. The image really worked out well. What beautiful eyes!!!!

5. Alex, I didn't comment on the first go around but I do like this one much better. It reminds me of that series of greeting cards that are desaturated colored cards that are almost bordeline black and white. A very sophisticated look to this shot! Well done!

6. Much better. It now gives a focal point to the shot and adds to some composition. The viewer's eye looks for recognized shapes and areas of focus. This places the centre of attention right where it needs to be but retains the feel you were originally going for.

David.

7. saturnine

saturnine Guest

Much better! Her eyes definitely stand out so much more in this version. Beautiful!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Much, much better

Nice work Alex. She's a lovely girl!

9. Thanks all for your help.
    You made to look at the picture again and made me do some needed adjustments.

That's what i like about this forum.

Up to the next project.

greetings from ( a rainy) Holland

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That is a very cool picture. Etherial. Well done Alex.