1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is this really THE YEAR? (Cubs fans)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gnagel, Sep 21, 2008.

How far will the Cubs go?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2008.
  1. This is the year! (winning the World Series)

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Make it to the World Series, but lose

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Eliminated in the National League championship series

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Something is bound to go wrong (first round exit)

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. In its 100th year since winning a World Series, the Chicago Cubs clinched a divisional championship yesterday. This was the first time that the Cubs won a championship in consecutive years--and the team has been playing since Custer's Last Stand!

So, is this really the year? Is it going to happen?

Glenn

This is a photo I captured at Wrigley Field with my D80 that I call "Joy at Wrigley":

p25653908-5.
    NIKON D80    ---    17mm    f/8.0    1/160s    ISO 200

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ugh....this has to be the year, we have to take full advantage of our loaded roster. Pitching has been solid, offense has been anemic at times, but Lou Peniella has kept the team and this city focused and not giggly. Hang on, it's going to be a great ride.

3. ~Emily~

~Emily~

Apr 13, 2008
    TN
    I hope they're going all the way and that's how I voted. :wink:

4. I hope so. How fitting. 100 years.
    Like the 85 Bears you get a special season with a special team very seldom.

glenn

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    100 years would mark a great way to win the series. Good Luck.

6. Geez...I hope they win it all - just so the whiners will shut up. If they can manage to pull it off, combined with the fact that Boston has now won a couple, there will really be no crying in baseball.:wink:

BTW, Glenn...I think that guy is just trying to get the beer vendor's attention.:biggrin:

7. Not sure that being miffed watching grounders so through players legs, foul balls intercepted, and 100 years can be called whining. Besides there is always next year

8. I sure hope its our year! Go CUBS!!!

9. LOL :biggrin:

10. Doh! Thanks for jinxing it ... ;) 

11. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I'm not into football...

...does that sum it up? :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.