Is this sharp enough, or is it soft?

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Dec 17, 2005.

1. sent the D2H in for it's birthday tweaking. This shot from a week or so ago at Ding Darling, is it soft by the head?

original.

Off to Viera tomorrow morning with Steve. He's letting me borrow his D2Hs and one of his big guns. So, between us we'll have a 70-200, 300 f4, 200-400 VR and 500 f4.

Harry, Gale and Kevin should be joining....

Hope the weather holds out.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hy Harris, long time no see, right? :wink: Something you may or may not know about these VR lenses, is that you have to give them a second to "settle" into the VR mode. Shooting the split second after 1/2 pressing the shutter isn't the most effective way to use VR. Also, using the AF-ON button won't activate VR at all. You have to use the shutter button to make it work. btw, you forgot to give me my EyeOne2 back when you got done with it! :Curved:

3. Someone (mary) put it on the stove. I'll try to remember to remove it before cooking.....:Shocked:

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    to answer your question,

it might be a teeny tiny bit soft at the head, but it's not really noticalbe at this web size. What puzzles me is that it's body appears to be very sharp. You suppose he could'a turned his head real quick when you fired the shutter?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,
    Looks great to me. I am not seeing anything soft.
    The LCD screen is faily sharp.

I think it is a great image.

(But my eyes are not seeing as great as they should anymore.)

6. looks good to me. now go get the eyeone off the stove!

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hey Gale,

is the weather gonna suck tomorrow @Viera?

8. boy you worry about this too much. Live for the moment!:Smoking:

9. Wonder if I could sweet talk someone into trying out the 200-400 :Love: :wink:

May be rainy in the am but supposed to clear up after that. We'll just have to give it a go and see what happens. Might be a good workout for the D2x after the firmware to shoot at higher ISOs. :smile:

10. thanks, and you're right. The eyeone may not work well melted...:eek:

11. Harris, can you post a crop of the head? It's hard to really tell but it looks like it's a bit fuzzy by the eye, but then again it could just be my eyes.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have no Idea what this weather is doing. It was not cold today, but gray all day as yesterday and looked like a snow day.

Rain maybe.

Just don't know about Florida weather.
    Could be terrible here and great there.

13. The weatherman said the front was on a diagonal just below Tampa up to Daytona. You probably didn't have it that bad over there. Just keep your fingers crossed. It's really foggy out right now. Hopefully I don't end up at Ding Darling tomorrow morning! :wink:

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, with some trepidation, We're heading up there fingers crossed. Actually the weather wasn't all that bad around here today, with the sun peeking out fairly regularly.

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    The weather report for tomorrow is:

"Sunday Periods of rain in the morning. Periods of rain in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy with a shower in the evening. Mostly cloudy with a shower overnight."

This is our normal weather for when Harris comes down. The good thing is that it looks like Sunday's weather is the best in the 5 day forecast.

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Looks the same to me Harris a tad soft right by the eye. Only by the eye though the rest is sharp. Hope that helps

Also don't feel bad guys gray and threatening to rain all day and suppose to be same tomorrow :frown: