Is this the right section for hotrod lawnmowers?

I've been known to mow a couple yards on the side in the summer for play money (read - lens lust, motorcycle fuels, etc) and also keep up my mother and grandparents yards. This year I decided to get serious and get the best tool my money could buy.

Meet the Wright Stander. 52" cutting deck with three 18" blades that spin 21,000 turns a minute, 19hp Kawasaki twin, 6 gallon tank and runs 9 (yep, that's right...) miles an hour. {Insert my best Tim Allen voice here.... ARGH ARGH ARRRRR...} Will also pull and ride a wheelie about 25 feet but dont tell my dealer in case I need a repair... :tongue:

People look at it like it's an alien machine and point and stare when they see how fast it goes... I cut a three acre lot for some friends and get it done in 1hr 10minutes. The typical 1/2 acre lot takes me 12-15 minutes. :biggrin: :biggrin:

147605257-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

147605259-O.jpg

147605261-O.jpg

A few cut height adjustments... :smile:
147605268-O.jpg

Fooling around with something different.
147605270-O.jpg

147605275-O.jpg

Twin heavy duty hydraulic pumps...
147605279-O.jpg

It leaves my neighbors wishing they could have a yard that looks this nice in 15 minutes :cool:
147605266-O.jpg

You stand on a platform at the back Victor. I'm not sure I understand the real benefit to standing really, I know it's a wide cut machine, but why not a kuboto and sit? Or the Deere that does tight turns easy?

I'm out of my element with this, so I'll just stick to my Deere rider.

Oh wow, Brian, I'm feeling some serious mower envy. I've seen these in use by commercial grounds maintenance companies, and you're right, they fly. Nice:biggrin:

G

Gr8Tr1x

Cool Brian. Reminds me of that Stephen King story...The Lawnmower Man!

Victor. you stand on the back of it and the brown pad you see in the first pic is what you rest your knees against to keep you from flying around and getting beat up. The only beauty to standing up on this machine is the small footprint makes it incredibly agile and gives you the ability to get in and out of tight places fast.

I have a friend that has been in landscape maintenance for all of his working life and he said he's tried every commercial mower out there... He concluded these mowers are 3 times more productive than the rest. After trying a standard zero turn and a walk behind for two years prior, I'm sold. :biggrin:

Cool! Are the blades belt driven or are they on hydraulic motors too?

(Just idle curiosity - I live in condos and hope to never cut another yard the rest of my life...:tongue: )

Wow, that is quite a lawnmower. I could use something like that it takes me 3 hours to cut my grass and I have a riding mower. But not one like that!!

Nice Stander! I see quite a few of them around here. Long Island is FULL of landscapers!

Now my lawn is less than a quarter of yours I bet (10,000 sq ft) so I bought one of these :p
original.gif

Just a little overkill...just the way I like it!

Cool! Are the blades belt driven or are they on hydraulic motors too?

(Just idle curiosity - I live in condos and hope to never cut another yard the rest of my life...:tongue: )

The blades are belt driven straight from the motor. If you cut with one of these, you might want to buy a house... just so you could mow. It's a blast to drive...

Went over to Wright's website to learn more about it. This ain't no girlie man mower!! Geez, the deck is made of 3/16" steel. Seems they might have pulled the clutch from a semi truck! Still not sure, though, how the operator is positioned.

This should help answer some questions on operator position. The box between your feet houses the battery and the black rectangle behind the knee pad is the hydraulic oil tank which comes full of Mobil 1 20w50 :cool:

148053738-O.jpg

Wow that looks very well built and fun. Now I just need to go out and blow up my old Gravely to give me a reason to buy such a new toy :) Nice racing stripes in the front yard :eek:

D

dabluedevil

I've been tryin to start my own landscaping business and let me tell you that beast looks so nice. Have some fun with 'er.

Joe, find yourself a dealer and at least demo one of these things. You'll be blown away if you're familiar with walk behinds and the typical ztr...

I succumbed to LM LUST (Lawn Mower Lust)!!! Last week I sold my 21" Honda self propelled, hydrostatic drive mower, and bought a new Dixie Chopper (World's Fastest Lawn Mower) high performance zero turn mower for my subdivision yard. Having a small yard, and a very limited space in the garage for it, but wanting the maximum performance (thrill), I selected one of only 2) ZTR's I found that use the exact components to build their 72" mower as on their 34" mower (Dixie Chopper and Exmark). Unfortunately, this results in a machine costing 3x the John Deere and Cub Cadet ZTR, but man, what a ride:

22Hp Generac V-twin motor with engine oil cooler
Separate hydrostat oil cooler
Quad Loop Hydraulic System
10 MPH cutting speed
19,000 turns per minute blade speed (x3)
Gator Blades for mulching
Stainless steel body
6 gallon gas capacity
Chrome wheels front and rear
Motorcycle tires up front
Springer front end suspension
Monogrammed suspension seat with armrests
Sun canopy (lifts off)
OCDC (Operator Controlled Discharge Chute)
Electrically operated blade engagement
Hour-meter
Drink holder
Hinged deck lid cover lifts with one finger for servicing spindles and belts
3/16" steel deck
Seat tilts forward for immediate access to hydro system
Trailer hitch
Striper kit (rakes the lawn as you cut with chains)

Here are sever images of this insanity:

152362454-L.jpg

152362839-L.jpg

154402152-L.jpg

154402784-L.jpg

154414497-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom