1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is this what your kids are doing today?

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 16, 2005.

1. My daughter is totally addicted. She is 16 now and still loves the books as much as she did when they first came out.

D70/ 70-200 VR/ SB800 bounced. Constructive criticism always welcome and appreciated. :D 

Online gallery with exif here:

http://www.pbase.com/terrif/people

View attachment 12058

2. Love the pictures, Terri. I really like the saturated colors. (BTW, thank you! It was your link that I followed over on dpreview to find this site, and I'm loving it here!)

My daughter is still a little young for the Harry Potter series, but I'm looking forward to introducing her to it when she's a bit older. Our city had a HUGE HP party last night....many of the local business transformed into places from the books, everyone was in full costume, they showed the HP movies in the amphitheater, and then the book became available at our local bookstore (who organized the entire thing) at 12:01. Such fun! I know many adults who were awaiting this book as eagerly as their kids were!

3. Sommer,
    Glad you like it here. I've been here for a couple of months now and love it. The people here are great.

Thanks for looking at my pictures. I think it is great what the Harry Potter series has done for reading.

4. Terri;

We had to buy two copies to keep the peace at home! It's great to have the kids reading.

Brian

5. Why don't you take a picture of them reading and share it with us.

6. It's good to see the kids taking interrest in reading. the pictures of your daughter are very good, good composition, color and sharpness.

7. Nice shots. And the colors are great. The chair the background of the window the shirt color the mysterious green in the book. Nice work and lovely daughter you have. And be happy that she loves reading.

Some young children do things you don't want your children to be doing around the 14 to 18 years.

Oh wish i could share a photo of that book with one of my nephews but then i must lend first that book form you haha. Because my D2X took all my money away so i can afford the Harry Potter book hehe. But at least the prime minister of my country looks like Harry Potter. And i don't think you wanna photograph your daughter with him together.

But like i said lovely work and i hope she likes it that her mother takes photo's of her.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

8. Oh question for you Terri! Seems your daughter focusses better then some D70 camera's sometimes!

Is she focussed like that in every book she reads or only in kind of books like harry potter?

9. Looks like she's been up all night reading. :D  :D  :D  Nice shots Terri!! :D  :D  :D 

10. Hi Vince,
    Thanks for your nice comments. Is the book as popular in your country? My daughter has always loved to read. She can really lose herself in a book. When she was little was HAD to make her put the books away and get out and play. All she wanted to do was read. Now she is much more well rounded and does a lot of different things, but still loves to read when she finds a good book.

11. No, she didn't get it until the morning--but now it's Sunday morning. I haven't seen her yet--don't know if she stayed up late last night to finish. She went out with friends in the evening, but wouldn't be surprised if she stayed up most of the night after she got home to finish the book. :D 

12. Oh yeah harry potter is selling great in my country. I think it is world wide a big succes story. And the movies do great to.

13. Book? What's that? :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.