1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Is tigerdirect an authorized Nikon dealer

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by 1FASTZ, Aug 17, 2008.

1. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm trying to determine whether or not tigerdirect is an authorized Nikon dealer. They are not on the official PDF list that Nikon usa has on their website, but tiger appears to offer a wide range of Nikon products. I've sent emails to both Nikon and tiger asking this question and have yet to hear back from either. If you have any info about it, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

2. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

most all their computer components are reconditiond and sold as new.i doubt nikon would deal threw them.

3. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    thanks for the reply, I wasn't aware of them selling reconditioned goods as new. That's kind of shady.

4. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Not listed on the Nikon USA site as a dealer but tiger Direct shows the nikonusa url for warranty support. I think they are generally reputable.

If it is really a place you want to purchase from, I would call Nikon USA.

5. Really? Built 4 computers with parts from them and every part I got from them was brand new.

Newegg on the other hand sells refurbs along with new.

6. I have never heard of tiger direct being a shady seller like that, bought a few things, they were all brand new.

7. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    A number of years ago, I built a PC from parts purchased from Tiger Direct. The motherboard was DOA -- and, it took weeks to get them to send a replacement. The paperwork got all fouled up and that went on for years until they lost interest or gave up.

They have attractive prices. But, as usual, YMMV.

Best Regards,

8. What do you mean John, it went on for years? You said you got a replacement for the mobo in a few weeks, but what went on for years?

9. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Rodney -- it took several weeks for them to send me the replacement mobo. When the replacement worked, I returned the old one to them using the shipping label they provided. That's where the disconnect happened: months later, they sent a request to return the motherboard and we went back & forth on that. Apparently, they either didn't receive it or it didn't get credited to my account. Eventually, they stopped asking ...

To Marty's point, if someone is willing to take the risk of buying "new" Nikon stuff from a dealer who potentially isn't authorized by Nikon to sell under warranty, will they have trouble getting warranty service at a later date if necessary? I'd be interested in the answer to that one :confused: 

Best Regards,

10. Nikon products seem to be a bit expensive on their website.

My only problem with tigerdirect was when they shipped me a computer case belonging to someone else and they received my case. Tigerdirect didn't really help. I ended up calling the other guy and switching cases. (his information was on the packing slip)

11. ryan davis

ryan davis

Aug 23, 2007
    virginia
    No internet dealer is official, Including Amazon.

There must be a Retail presence, like B&H, Adorama, Calumet etc.

Tiger Direct is definitely not a dealer, would not deal thru them.

12. Kmart sells Nikon cameras and isnt listed.

13. Gribbs

Gribbs

Feb 17, 2008
    Niagara Falls, ON
    tiger direct in canada only sells Olympus......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.