Is tubing a sport? LOL.

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Doug, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    well, the photo has interest anyway. I talked to these lads for a bit, pretty nice kids.

[​IMG]

2. Hey Doug,

That is a really cool image. I am always just so envious of you and all of those creeks and mountains around you there. That is such a beautiful place.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is a very nice image, Doug. Wonderful colors and textures.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Thanks Ty! This was really just a quick snap as they pushed off, and was I pleasantly surprised when I opened this photo and saw the potential of it. I knew immediately it had something special about it. A little standard PP, and for a fact, the photo really does shine.

Just so you know, technically we call this a mountain stream or river. It's a bit more than a creek. :) I always call them mountain streams myself. Though the real name of one of these is "Little River".

Thanks Frank, even the trees cooperated. It's really surprising just how well it came out, as it was a little harsh afternoon sun. But I used a Neutral Density filter to tone down the harshness of the day to my advantage here. (Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter) If you look closely, you can see just a small hint of the atmospheric harshness of the day. So, it truly was amazing to get this vivid a clear shot.

Today, totally different, deep blue skies after a extreme storm pushed through, and tonight a second much needed rain storm. We been really really dry.

5. I really like this Doug. Takes me back to high school in Florida and tubing down the Weeki Wachee river.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    That's pretty cool......can't help but wonder what a vertical crop might look like.

Great shot.........

7. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Great shot, well done.

8. Very nice Doug!
    I wonder how they navigate around all these rocks with their rubber tubes.
    Smart kids to keep on their footwear!

9. Super shot Goug, I would think the secret for the boys is not to let their backsides hang too low.
    Roy.