Island Spoonies - BIFs

D

DW Brewer

On February 4, LuisV, Stl Don, and myself took the boat ride out to the rookery. We got a little later start and the light quickly went from sweet to a little harsh. We won't even talk about the temps or wind chill on the ride out. Here are some of the many Spoonie BIF images I got (I'm finally getting around to PP some more folders around painting here at home).
D300+Sigma 120-300, manual exposure.

-
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-

-

Dave,

Good job on getting them in the full sun -- seems like most of mine had some sort of shadow one way or another, LOL!

D

DW Brewer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kristin & Allan:
Okay; I'll "rat on myself" a little. No question about the presence of shadows in harsh light. I shoot a lot of sequences, and take the image that has the least offensive shadow. Provided I have "nailed the exposure," (and Allan knows what a stickler I am about correct exposure since I shoot manual virtually 100% of the time), I make use of a light touch in "shadows and Highlights" (rather than curves) to lessen the contrast and blend the shadows into the birghter parts of the exposure. I don't use layers (except to add the copyright text) so this is done as an integral part of my post-processing. This is a trick taught to me by my mentor; a professional events & wedding phgotographer in St. Louis. As I always said when I was teaching: "Live, learn, and pass it on."

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom