Isle of Skye, Scotland

from last week, d3 + 24-120

p.s. i know about the dust bunnies, i'm still on vacation using my laptop and too lazy

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You were obviously lucky with the weather. Skye (much like the rest of Scotland) can see four seasons in one day and that is a fantastic picture.

Wow!
Wonderful shot Randy.
thanks Mark

A great shot! We were there years ago...a beautiful place...

Please clean your sensor...
:wink:
thanks andreas

Great shot, Randy - wonderful light
thanks Phil

Great lighting and clouds, Randy, this is really nice.
thanks Kris

Beautiful Randy. Did you use a grad ND filter here? I remember you bought a Lee kit.
thanks Rick, yea I finally got to use my Lee stuff
i think this was a 1 stop soft + 2 stop soft + lee CPL

You were obviously lucky with the weather. Skye (much like the rest of Scotland) can see four seasons in one day and that is a fantastic picture.
thanks

i was lucky the whole trip i think

Beautiful colors!
Although I am very curious what you could've captured had you brought your 600 f/4 along :wink:
thx!
the 300vr + 1.7 did a fine job for me and i didn't miss the 500 at all, especially after the aggravation i experienced traveling w/ the 24-120,16-35,70-200,300vr, all 3 tc-s, a d300s and a D3, plus the lee filters, tripod, bh-55 head.....
This kind of a trip (overseas with all that gear) isn't likely to happen again soon:smile:

Beautiful shot Randy. We were there some years ago but made it a day trip from Inverness so we had to leave before sunset to get back; missed some great golden light. Scotland is our favorite place to visit. There is never enough time to see it all.

Thanks for posting,

Rich

That's a beauty, Randy. Isle of Skye is on our list and this image does nothing to dissuade me.

How about doing a Wanderlust thread with more of you photos and adventures?

Is this SOOC?
5 shot hand held bracket at 1 EV, photomatix4 with an attempt to make it look not HDR then some minor PP adjustments like sharpening and levels...

i am a novice landscape shoter and no wiz kid on PP but I gotta say this HDR thing is pretty easy and allows for capturing foregrounds and backgrounds with alot of DR differences.

Beautiful shot Randy. We were there some years ago but made it a day trip from Inverness so we had to leave before sunset to get back; missed some great golden light. Scotland is our favorite place to visit. There is never enough time to see it all.

Thanks for posting,

Rich
thx Rich,

the place is magical for sure, i have never seen anything that compares

That's a beauty, Randy. Isle of Skye is on our list and this image does nothing to dissuade me.

How about doing a Wanderlust thread with more of you photos and adventures?
thx Jim

I like the wanderlust idea but at this point i have 7k pics to PP and since I can't seem to get used to LR3 I am crawling along in NX2. My 1st day is almost done (100 pics) so I'l post some Bamburgh Castle shots latter today.
They were my 1st attempt at using Lee filters

Latest posts

Top Bottom