1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Iso 4000

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Dave, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    A quick ISO 4000 shot of my new nephew Nolan taken this past weekend with D700 and 17-35 f/2.8.

I haven't had a chance to go through all of the shots yet, but here was the first. Only slightly changed levels in NX2...no noise reduction.

[​IMG]

2. Great shot Dave, ain't high ISO fun?

3. I gotta get a D700 or D3. Now, if selling body parts was legal.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Very clean, Dave :biggrin:

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Rich, yes it is fun. I just hate I have to ship this D700 back (only a rental right now). I think I'll be saving up for one though!

I hear ya...I think the D700 is the camera for me, I just love the size of it over the D3.

Thanks Phillip.

6. Aiiii, that is awesome! :eek: 
    Of course this is a very sweet image of your nephew Phillip, but ISO 4000!!???

Keep at it with shots like this y'all, it will have me reach for a D700 before long...:tongue:

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Well Frits (it's Dave, not Phillip), I was just shooting my other nephew doing some action shots (he called it kung fu, but he's only 3), and the shutter was still set high, thus I got the high ISO shot.

8. Oops, sorry Dave (I just quickly glanced at the post above when writing my reply - my bad).

9. Oh that's right! Well, now you know :biggrin:

10. Wow! So no flash was used? (just making sure!) What type of lights were on? Or was this light from outside? (I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around a noise-free ISO above 400!! heh)

11. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    No worries Frits...I have 2 first names (my last name is considered a first name too) so many people go around calling me Doug or Douglas half the time. :biggrin:

Yes I do...unfortunately.

Yep, no flash, no lights in the house were on. Just light coming in from 3 windows behind my sister and her son. It was sometime in the mid morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.