Iso 4000

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Dave, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    A quick ISO 4000 shot of my new nephew Nolan taken this past weekend with D700 and 17-35 f/2.8.

I haven't had a chance to go through all of the shots yet, but here was the first. Only slightly changed levels in NX2...no noise reduction.

[​IMG]

2. Great shot Dave, ain't high ISO fun?

3. I gotta get a D700 or D3. Now, if selling body parts was legal.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Very clean, Dave :biggrin:

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Rich, yes it is fun. I just hate I have to ship this D700 back (only a rental right now). I think I'll be saving up for one though!

I hear ya...I think the D700 is the camera for me, I just love the size of it over the D3.

Thanks Phillip.

6. Aiiii, that is awesome! :eek:
    Of course this is a very sweet image of your nephew Phillip, but ISO 4000!!???

Keep at it with shots like this y'all, it will have me reach for a D700 before long...:tongue:

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Well Frits (it's Dave, not Phillip), I was just shooting my other nephew doing some action shots (he called it kung fu, but he's only 3), and the shutter was still set high, thus I got the high ISO shot.

8. Oops, sorry Dave (I just quickly glanced at the post above when writing my reply - my bad).

9. Oh that's right! Well, now you know :biggrin:

10. Wow! So no flash was used? (just making sure!) What type of lights were on? Or was this light from outside? (I'm just trying to get my head wrapped around a noise-free ISO above 400!! heh)

11. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    No worries Frits...I have 2 first names (my last name is considered a first name too) so many people go around calling me Doug or Douglas half the time. :biggrin:

Yes I do...unfortunately.

Yep, no flash, no lights in the house were on. Just light coming in from 3 windows behind my sister and her son. It was sometime in the mid morning.