iso 6400

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Ottrott's Human, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    I wasn't planning on posting this "test" photo, but since B. Wilder is begging for high iso examples......here's one.:biggrin:

Iso 6400 no NR:
    2704671179_b5b3c090c2_o.

And another 6400 shot with a bit of funky PP. We'll call this one..."My Morning Shave":wink::
    2705926679_fba808a525_o.

2. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    YEAH, BABY

Just out of curiosity...
    You don't have an odor problem, do you?
    :tongue:

3. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Wow........... Must own camera : )

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Not anymore!:eek: ....................:biggrin:

5. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Stuart, the noise in that first shot is literally better than 640 on my D200. Mine's waiting at the dealer. Hopefully I can get by there in the next couple of days...

6. yeah.....
    interesting after shave products, stuart
    we just may have made a few discoveries about you with this thread. :tongue:

7. ah...... thanks for the thread and image, stuart
    looks like the high-iso capability of the D700 will mimic that of the D3

8. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Yeah.....like I have a baby butt smooth face and I smell like my granddad!:wink:

9. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Easily as good as the D3 in the high-iso dept. from my limited tests over the past couple of days.

I only have the D700 out on loan......it goes back tomorrow. I'm still waiting for the D3X...."making due" with the D2Xs until then!

10. ah..... the D3X.....
    i wonder when we'll see that
    and.

in YOUR opinion.....
    how will a D3X improve upon the D3, since the D3 already is built as solid as the D2X?

11. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

lol Stu ...if you're like me, think i still have the same bottle of old spice my mom gave me for xmas like 40 years ago...cool pic. fact it's INSANE!!!
    :frown:

12. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Should be more of a studio camera and less of a sports/pj camera with 24 megapixels or there abouts, and more importantly for me.....will hopefully be less biased towards holding detail in the blacks/shadows and more towards skin tones and highlight/midtone detail.

I didn't like the D3 at all for studio use and sold it pretty quickly.

The higher megapixels I can take or leave....essentially I'm hoping for a camera that renders studio images like my D2Xs, but with high-iso capabilities like the D3 and D700.

I imagine we'll see it within 12 months...probably by year's end. In the meantime the Xs does most of what I need.

13. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Hey Mark......don't knock the Old Spice. Women go absolutely gaga over it as long as you don't tell 'em what you're wearing.

I knew posting this pic was a mistake!:biggrin:

14. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

I think that's because it subliminally reminds us of our Dad's when we were children. I for one love the smell.

15. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    See.....told ya! You don't think I get all of those gorgeous models to work with me because I'm a good photographer do you?

16. Beards are the only way to go--saves time, money, blood and you don't smell like mobile perfumery!

Nice shots, though. How dark was the scene?

17. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Exif data is attached to the photo's:

iso 6400 / f5.0 / 1/40s

18. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Stuart,

I am interested in what you think of skin from the D700. You can PM me if you like.

19. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Nice test shots, thanks
    As long as you don't smell like a baby's butt.
    No, you smell like the last pie you ate :wink:

20. Never go hungry-yet another evolutionary advantage of a beard--plus that makes you eat better smelling/tasting foods! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.