iso 800 D2Hs... with the 35/1.4

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Candidcameraman, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Yea... I should really clean up my nightstand... oh well

I really like the clean grainy look of it and how well it preserves the details.

ISO800.gif

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    S'not a bad shot. The camera is no slouch. I hope you don't treat your $4000 coffee table that way when it arrives! :wink:

3. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I like it too. In fact, a have NAS for a D700 but I love my D2Hs so much. I keep thinking...Why is it that I want a new D700 when I love the results I get with my current camera? I wonder if staying with the D2Hs and spending money on more glass is the way to go? I do have a desire for a 300 2.8!

4. Thank you Philip - I was playing with it the other night and - yes my girlfriend's coffee table will end up looking like that for the "product shot" and it is only $3000 .. . (My hearth skipped a beat ...) AUGH! :eek:

Up to 1600 without issues but the best high iso result is at 1250

Well... between a 300/2.8 and D700 the decision is difficult since the D700 changes the rules of the game... I'd say go for a 200/2 and a 1.4 and/or 1.7 TC instead of the 300/2.8 but that's just me cause I want a 200/2 and it is so good with a TC that I'll skip the 300/2.8 and then get the 400/2.8 later on.

But back to the D700 ... depends what you shoot - if it is mainly sports then it is a no brainer get the 300/2.8 if you shoot a mix bag of things then get the D700.

5. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Iv been loving my D2H since my D3 is down. And Iv got a Nikkor 35.14 AIS coming from a cafe member. It should be here anyday:smile:. I agree about the great look of D2H with Nikkor AIS. Especially fast glass like the 1.4/1.2 so you can keep the ISO down. Up tp 1600 is about the limit for the D2H. However, I have never used noise ninja or any other softwear put there. Any way,for the price that D2H are going for right now I may just pick up another one. One thing I do hate is the chimp screen. After using the D3, I have to keep telling myself the capture's will look better on my computer than they do on the tiny screen.

Gregory