iso 800 D2Hs... with the 35/1.4

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Candidcameraman, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Yea... I should really clean up my nightstand... oh well

I really like the clean grainy look of it and how well it preserves the details.

ISO800.

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    S'not a bad shot. The camera is no slouch. I hope you don't treat your $4000 coffee table that way when it arrives! :wink:

3. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I like it too. In fact, a have NAS for a D700 but I love my D2Hs so much. I keep thinking...Why is it that I want a new D700 when I love the results I get with my current camera? I wonder if staying with the D2Hs and spending money on more glass is the way to go? I do have a desire for a 300 2.8!

4. Thank you Philip - I was playing with it the other night and - yes my girlfriend's coffee table will end up looking like that for the "product shot" and it is only $3000 .. . (My hearth skipped a beat ...) AUGH! :eek: 

Up to 1600 without issues but the best high iso result is at 1250

Well... between a 300/2.8 and D700 the decision is difficult since the D700 changes the rules of the game... I'd say go for a 200/2 and a 1.4 and/or 1.7 TC instead of the 300/2.8 but that's just me cause I want a 200/2 and it is so good with a TC that I'll skip the 300/2.8 and then get the 400/2.8 later on.

But back to the D700 ... depends what you shoot - if it is mainly sports then it is a no brainer get the 300/2.8 if you shoot a mix bag of things then get the D700.

5. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Iv been loving my D2H since my D3 is down. And Iv got a Nikkor 35.14 AIS coming from a cafe member. It should be here anyday:smile:. I agree about the great look of D2H with Nikkor AIS. Especially fast glass like the 1.4/1.2 so you can keep the ISO down. Up tp 1600 is about the limit for the D2H. However, I have never used noise ninja or any other softwear put there. Any way,for the price that D2H are going for right now I may just pick up another one. One thing I do hate is the chimp screen. After using the D3, I have to keep telling myself the capture's will look better on my computer than they do on the tiny screen.

Gregory

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.