1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Isolation

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. actionshooter

actionshooter

Aug 26, 2008
    NY
    Wonderful stuff as always. D300 or D3 with the 400 used here?

3. thanks Randy
    D300 + 400vr on most (this is a mix over 2 years)

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Really like that diagonal line in # 2.

5. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    yup, #2 one of the better compositions I have seen

All rather great of course

6. Never cease to amaze me Randy. Great shots, i really love number 2 too.

7. I tend to lean towards youth sports shots, so maybe that's the reason I just really dig the last one, although the first one plus the second and the fourth with the really sweet warm light... oh I dunno, hell they're all great.

8. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA

+1 :smile:

9. excellent shots Randy, as always.

great subject isolation on the 400.

now, do i get the 600VR or the 400VR first?

10. Very nice, as usual, Randy. With composition, contrast, sharp detail, even light, movement, etc., #2 has everything going for it. However, you just have to love the expression on #7.

11. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Awesome!! # 1 for me!!

12. They are all fantastic. I don't know how you you do it, but with each post you continue to top the quality of your previous posts! Thanks for sharing.

Alan

13. cadetrv

cadetrv

Mar 30, 2009
    Southern NH
    awesome..definately the shots I aspire to create!

14. ????

thanks Darren

thanks Charlie

thanks DJ

thanks Dennis

thx Colin
    th 400 should be next, remember you are in the UK:smile:

thanks Cliff

thanks Steve

thanks Alan

thanks

15. Randy,
    Biggs means the diagonal line made by her back leg, that makes the picture very interesting.

16. photobrad

photobrad

Oct 1, 2008
    Florida
    still jonesing for that 400 :D 

Damn fine piece of glass...oh and your shots are great too

17. #4 ! I love frozen flying turf !!

18. #3 does it for me..... so funny all very nice as always

19. Randy, amazing selection of images all brilliant but its number 1 for me that stand’s out from the rest.

The image detail/clarity of the shots is a credit to your photographic skills you certainly managed to master the 400 really well with both the D3 & D300 and now that my 400 arrived yesterday I know I have a steep learning curve ahead of me but I do hope to share some photos soon on the forum to show you guys the results.

I have an invitation from my local professional football club Peterborough United to cover this Tuesday’s Carling Cup match but I’m thinking its come to soon as I do need to familiarise myself somewhat more with the 400 on the D3 before going in at the deep end, it would be a great combination the D3/400 and on my second D3 body the 200f2, kick off is 19.45 .

Regards
    John (UK)

20. Like everyone else said 2 is great...but #5 just does it for me, love the focus in her eyes.
    Gregg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.