Isolation

My attempt at making a better bokeh.........ha ha ha

Not perfect but just playing with this photo..

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

Gr8Tr1x

I also use this technique Rod, but sometimes I overdo it and it looks obvious. The trick is to do it multiple times at very low opacities...

Dupe your original Layer, blur the top layer and then add a mask. Lower the opacity down quite a bit. Paint back inthe details...do it again and maybe a third time. It will reduce the halo effect to some extent and not make it as noticeable.

I also use this technique Rod, but sometimes I overdo it and it looks obvious. The trick is to do it multiple times at very low opacities...

Dupe your original Layer, blur the top layer and then add a mask. Lower the opacity down quite a bit. Paint back inthe details...do it again and maybe a third time. It will reduce the halo effect to some extent and not make it as noticeable.
Oh....now you tell me....:biggrin:

I like it. I need to learn how to do this. I think it really focuses attention on the subject, and I pay no attention to the background. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed the background, if you hadn't pointed out what you did. Which I guess was the original intent..that the background would be be unnoticed.:smile:
I think the effect works..really well.

The selective color treatment works at times yours looks good
Thanks Mike...It has it's place for sure..

I like it. I need to learn how to do this. I think it really focuses attention on the subject, and I pay no attention to the background. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed the background, if you hadn't pointed out what you did. Which I guess was the original intent..that the background would be be unnoticed.:smile:
I think the effect works..really well.
Thanks Jeff...I was just seeing what it would look like this way...This field has fences that
are close and parents sit in their lawn chairs all around..So background is not good wherever
I stand...Like I said...it's not perfect...I did not spend much time with it..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom