1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Isolation

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by niknd501, Apr 16, 2007.

1. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    My attempt at making a better bokeh.........ha ha ha

Not perfect but just playing with this photo..

[​IMG]

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Not bad.

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois

But..........................:biggrin:

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is nice and it helps to mute the spectators on the other side of the backstop.

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I also use this technique Rod, but sometimes I overdo it and it looks obvious. The trick is to do it multiple times at very low opacities...

Dupe your original Layer, blur the top layer and then add a mask. Lower the opacity down quite a bit. Paint back inthe details...do it again and maybe a third time. It will reduce the halo effect to some extent and not make it as noticeable.

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Oh....now you tell me....:biggrin:

7. The selective color treatment works at times yours looks good

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I like it. I need to learn how to do this. I think it really focuses attention on the subject, and I pay no attention to the background. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed the background, if you hadn't pointed out what you did. Which I guess was the original intent..that the background would be be unnoticed.:smile:
    I think the effect works..really well.

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Mike...It has it's place for sure..

Thanks Jeff...I was just seeing what it would look like this way...This field has fences that
    are close and parents sit in their lawn chairs all around..So background is not good wherever
    I stand...Like I said...it's not perfect...I did not spend much time with it..

10. Pretty cool Rod!

11. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    I like it--you did a good job for just fooling around

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.