It almost happened but then he had to potty

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by AggieCJ, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Ok so as posted in the GD section. I bought an expodisc at the store tonight because I just couldn't wait for the one ordered online. I know I need a bit more patience........well I don't have it. While there started talking lenses. I am debating the 17-35, 17-55 and the 28-70. He had all three. VERY dangerous. I have the 18-200vr and the 70-200vr so just looking to fill that lower end with top of the line. Not a pro but a firm believer in that you have to have the right equipment. Anyway, I digress. Worked them all and loved the 17-35 and was .3 seconds from telling him to bag it up when the 2 year old tells me he has to potty and the wife gives me a look. (we're potty training right now) Completely distracted now as the 3 month old starts crying. Anyway didn't buy a lense tonight.........:frown: but..........gained more insight. That being said, I would like to hear If faced with the same situation and had to make the decision in my shoes, what would you choose and why. I have a D80 w/18-200vr and 70-200vr. Don't shoot anything specific just love taking pictures and trying new things. As always your thoughts are very much appreciated.

2. Everything and anything. I enjoy taking pictures of the boys as well as landsacapes, as well as macro, and anything interesting. I am not commercial and by no means pro, just love the hobby and when it comes to equipment I want the best. I know that one mans poison is anothers drink but I also know to trust those that have walked the road to tell you the way.

3. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    "I would like to hear If faced with the same situation and had to make the decision in my shoes, what would you choose and why."

You made the right decision! Make the wife happy and take the child to the potty! If the wife isn't happy - no one is happy.

4. Paradiddle, I hear you 100%. Wife is fine with it. She just smiles and shakes her head but she does enjoy great pics of the kids to fill all her albums. It just got hectic in the store with one crying and the other dancing on one leg that I figured it was best to debate at another time. I also wanted to hear some thoughts from others about these 3 great lenses.

5. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    They are all great lenses so you can't go wrong. If you think a 12-24 is in your future then I would go with the 28-70 with out a doubt. This would give you coverage from 12 to 70 with two lenses and your 70-200 would cover the rest.

6. Thanks for the insight. Never thought of it that way, since I don't shot anything in particular then having the different range will make it more versatile.

Gig 'em

7. For the moment, this is what I've done. I debated the -35/-55 question into the ground. I finally decided to pick up a Tokina 12-24. Haven't gotten to play with it much as of yet, but from a few test snaps, I think I'm going to be happy.

8. I just got that myself for an Alaskan cruise trip coming up. So far, love it!:biggrin:

Cheers
    nancy

9. NJDJ

NJDJ

Apr 15, 2006
    I'm in the same boat. I went with the 17-35 and love it as my "main" lens. I also looked at the 17-55. I thought it was good but I felt that the 17-35 was just a little bit better. I wanted to love the 55 more because of the range, but I couldn't.