It is REAL. www.d700.nikon.fi

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by pforsell, Jun 30, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Official D700 page on Finnish Nikon site was online for a short while. Now they fixed it and made a rerouting to google. I had the opportunity to read and click a few pages but then they made the rerouting.

This convinced me. Nikon Finland propably wouldn't be making practical jokes. I guess the pages are back online in a few hours. Now where did I put my credit card? :wink:

http://www.d700.nikon.fi

2. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

It's not that the camera would inevitably materialize, serious discussions about the need for such a camera date back to when the D3 and D300 hit the market last December. The biggest question back then was when, and I recall that I was among those that argued that it would be this summer. What makes these discussions tedious in the extreme though is the speculation about the camera's features, all of which will no longer be a matter of speculation tomorrow. It reminds me of endless fan discussions about which team was better (pick your sport) when the game was going to be played the next day -- it's an utter waste of time.

3. Amen!

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    I can understand people getting bored with the speculation, but you don't have to read the posts. We know when the official announcements are due, so until then just don't bother opening a thread with D700 in the title. I've been happy to follow the specultion (with the exception of the new d700 site by a fanboy) because I'm looking to upgrade now anyway, and my decision is really down fo DX or FX, something I can start to plan without knowing the exact spec of the D700 (or whatever it was going to be called).

5. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Yep, utter waste of time. We should put some kind of rating system to this forum and automatically delete all waste of time posts, including:

* what features you wish in a new camera
    * look at my new lens
    * look at my new camera
    * is this backfocus/frontfocus/misfocus/nofocus with my 45 degree target
    * look at my bokeh/cat/niece/car/grandma
    * look at my high/low/medium ISO
    * look at my sharpness/softness
    * why my camera's frame counter is broken
    * look at my bookcase/brickwall/backyard/coffeecan
    * plus everything that Mr Beach is not interested in

6. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

Yep, and I do need to unsubscribe to this thread; although I might feel compelled to reply to offensive remarks like the one below.

7. TonyBeach

TonyBeach Guest

It would be a simple matter of people being more explicit in how they title their threads. I am capable with enough information of avoiding the ones that waste my time.

8. RichNY

RichNY Guest

That would eliminate 95% of the threads.

9. Ok guys... let the preacher preach a little by saying Peter is right! If you don't want to hear truth then don't hear it, don't readi t. If you do, then I proclaim as Peter... the D700 is here. Where is your faith? (that title is for a different message). Truthfully let's just have fun with this. :wink:

10. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i'm first in line to pick up one of these new gizmos here were i deal .....it's a done dilly -> weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11. Nute, you could do just as much magic with a 35 year old Argus. Save your money:biggrin::smile::tongue::wink:

12. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    Since that website does nothing but go to a google search page I'm still going with it has to be on nikonusa.com before it's official.

13. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    You can see a video of the head of nikon france showing off the D700. Since Nikon isn't an american company, it's not really up to nikonusa to decide when it is official.