1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It never ends...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by stealthman_1, Sep 18, 2008.

1. EeGads! I've got a Chamonix 45n-1 ordered:eek: 
    45a.
    45d.
    And I've ordered a couple lenses, a Schneider APO-Symmar 150, f 5.6 and a Rodenstock Sironar-N 210, f5.6, both multi-coated. I've got my eye on a wideangle...:rolleyes:  Will it ever end???

And what's the chance ya think that some 616 Verichrome Pan frozen since 1978 might actually be good? I bought it for the spools...but you know I'm going to shoot it...:biggrin:

2. Wowsers, that's a nice looking unit - looks like aluminum or CF? Does it only tilt on the rear movement?

Sean

3. Be forwarned...following this link is dangerous to your wallet...
    http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/45.html
    They are Chinese made, the one I'm getting is walnut, aluminum (titanium colored), and the base is CF composite, it weigh just ounces more than a D3. I almost got a used Linhof Technica, but have been going back and forth between several metal and wood field cameras. The following on several of the LF forums is getting quite large, the cams are supposedly excellently made...we'll see. If it's half an Ebony it's worth the price, currently $778 plus shipping.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Very nice, now the fun begins. I have a Toyo View which I am learning to use. The learning curve is moderately steep, the film is a hassle to develop and even more of a hassle to scan until I get a bigger scanner. I know you will enjoy it. :smile:

5. I was gonna buy a Chamonix until I discovered you can't attach a motordrive.

6. LOL!:biggrin:
    Did someone say 'hassle'....I'm definitely in then!:tongue:

7. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    That is one nice camera.

I would really go for it, but the additional expenses would kill my student salary. :( 

looks really nice though, and I guess a nice Velvia slide that size would be awesome to see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.