It was a bad day for shooting, so....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    It was a gray, overcast day. A very bad day for shooting, so, I went shooting anyway. :rolleyes:

I enjoy my outings at the dam. For a birdie shooter, especially for one that really likes Great Blues, it is shooting heaven.

Here are some samples from yesterday. Shot with the D2H / 300 2.8 + either the 1.4 or the 1.7 TC.

This guy landed right behind where I was standing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talk about flying close by:
    [​IMG]

I just liked the wing position on this one:
    [​IMG]

One more close-up:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

2. I like each and everyone, talk about being up close and personal! got to luv it when a plan comes together.

3. Your "bad" days are much better than my best days Frank.

Great series, enjoyed each and every one of them.

I guess next thing we should expect from you, would be ...handshaking with a GBH... :wink:

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Didn't Frank post a picture of him shaking hands with one last week? :biggrin:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks guys. Very funny Dave. I'll have you know that I haven't shaken hands with a GBH in months. :tongue:

6. Great shots from a great lens!!!

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

wish I could have a BAD day like that :wink:

8. Great Blue

Wow I would not complaine, I have not shot a image it's been cloudy rain since mid september, except today when family is in town, did you use a flash? I noticed a catch light in the eye! and I can't get one under even light cloud never mind dark. I wanna know your secret! :wink:
    Regards
    Darrell

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again folks. Darrell, I did use the SB-800 on many of these, some with the Better Beamer and some without. I do have to say that I think I would have gotten a few more decent ones if it hadn't been so overcast, but I'm not going to complain. :rolleyes:

10. Re' 800

:biggrin: Well it worked well, It just seems to give it a little light giving better color to a bird with lots of similar hues, glad to see someone is getting great images! keep it up.!!!
    Regards Darrell :biggrin:

11. Gee Frank, I wish I could get a couple of bad days of shooting... :biggrin:

Great close-ups. I like that wing position as well!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Darrell, You are right, the flash did help give a little color to otherwise very flat lighting.

Jim, I'd love for all of you to come down and shoot any time. :smile:

Thanks!!

13. Great stuff overcast or not I liek ths shot of the GBH flying away the feather detail is incredible

14. Very nick shots Frank! The weather here in Jersey has been pretty crappy as well and will continue so the rest of the week :frown:

Anthony

15. Flew:

Very ggod series.

Gil

16. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks again guys. Just goes to show that PJohnP is right when he says 'Always shoot'. :wink: