It was my lunch!

I bought these horse shoe crab for lunch, they prepared and cooked them for me. I only wanted one but they recommended that I should have two(male & female)
These horse shoe crab have too little meat for my lunch, but it taste really good, however, eggs from the female are abundant. I think I know why they recommended me to eat 2 :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95126

View attachment 95127

View attachment 95128

View attachment 95129

View attachment 95130

View attachment 95131

B

BigPixel

Didn't know we had horse shoe crabs here, interesting. What's also interesting is your series showing the egg gathering and gutting. Most Westerners are too far removed from their food chain, food comes in little plastic trays at the store, right?? (wink)

Didn't know we had horse shoe crabs here, interesting. What's also interesting is your series showing the egg gathering and gutting. Most Westerners are too far removed from their food chain, food comes in little plastic trays at the store, right?? (wink)
hi Mike,
I forgot to mention that everything happened in Vietnam...
I don't mind to try new and bizzarrrrr stuff at least one. It's fun to experience some new beyond what we can get in "...little plastic trays at the store..." don't you think!? :smile:
Yeah, for 3 years living on Oahu, I haven't seen horse shoe crabs either.

Interesting! I've tried some "different" stuff, but never horseshoe crab! I've been to Thailand but never saw horseshoe crab for sale. Of course I was north of Bangkok, not down near the ocean, so it's very possible they sell them on the coast. And LOL at Thailand's "liberal" food chain! :biggrin:

Interesting! I've tried some "different" stuff, but never horseshoe crab! I've been to Thailand but never saw horseshoe crab for sale. Of course I was north of Bangkok, not down near the ocean, so it's very possible they sell them on the coast. And LOL at Thailand's "liberal" food chain! :biggrin:
I'm glad that you enjoy it Jen!
I call Orlando home..... I may need to sign up for your conservation class at Sea World some day!:biggrin:

I was a bit shocked to read this at first, until you stated it happened in Vietnam.

It is illegal (and also considered BAD form) to catch/keep/eat an "egger" lobster ( a female with eggs). Only males or females not in egg can be kept. Those with eggs are sent back in order to continue repopulating the Sea Rats (I hate lobster!). Guess it's just the New Englander in me, but seeing an egger being eaten sits very poorly.

We do have horseshoe crabs here, you'll find shells on the beach, and sometimes live once to chase about. Never heard of anyone eating them. Mots probably prefer to catch/eat Sea Rat. :wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom