It was nice being missed. Here is why....

It was so nice, on a recent thread, to discover that some on the cafe had actually missed me the past few weeks. Around the first of November I came down with some sort of respiratory illness. It started off with a fever and a cough. The respiratory illness has subsided now except for a lingering "post infection" cough that the doctor says could last for weeks or months. About 10 days ago I started having some pain in my lower back. It has become worse and worse as time has gone on. I have had back problems before. I have osteoporosis which is actually quite bad. It's why I have moved to lightweight mirrorless cameras. I have a physical therapist who has helped me for 10 years. He has become a good friend to both Greg and I as he has treated both of us. I went to him and he thought I may have hurt a disk from the coughing. He also encouraged me to get an x-ray in case the coughing caused a compression fracture. I have never had a fracture (except for a broken toe a long time ago). But, my luck has run out. It is a compression fracture. It is quite painful. I'm being referred to an imaging radiologist for a possible kyphoplasty. Of course, it's a holiday weekend so it will be at least next week before I can see someone. I'll let you know how things go. Right now I am resting as much as possible. So if you don't see or hear much from me, you'll know why. Greg is taking amazing care of me. He's really the best!!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Back problems are painful, but the good news it sounds like you are in good hands medically. Please keep us posted on your recovery route!

Back problems are painful, but the good news it sounds like you are in good hands medically. Please keep us posted on your recovery route!
I will, Karen. I hope I can find the best solutions. My physical therapist friend has actually moved his practice about 25 miles away, so I'm going to have to find someone new. But he gave me a good suggestion of someone to use after the procedure, if I end up getting it. I've got to find someone good to help me manage the osteoporosis.

It was so nice, on a recent thread, to discover that some on the cafe had actually missed me the past few weeks. Around the first of November I came down with some sort of respiratory illness. It started off with a fever and a cough. The respiratory illness has subsided now except for a lingering "post infection" cough that the doctor says could last for weeks or months. About 10 days ago I started having some pain in my lower back. It has become worse and worse as time has gone on. I have had back problems before. I have osteoporosis which is actually quite bad. It's why I have moved to lightweight mirrorless cameras. I have a physical therapist who has helped me for 10 years. He has become a good friend to both Greg and I as he has treated both of us. I went to him and he thought I may have hurt a disk from the coughing. He also encouraged me to get an x-ray in case the coughing caused a compression fracture. I have never had a fracture (except for a broken toe a long time ago). But, my luck has run out. It is a compression fracture. It is quite painful. I'm being referred to an imaging radiologist for a possible kyphoplasty. Of course, it's a holiday weekend so it will be at least next week before I can see someone. I'll let you know how things go. Right now I am resting as much as possible. So if you don't see or hear much from me, you'll know why. Greg is taking amazing care of me. He's really the best!!
I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and wish you a speedy recovery.

Glenn

May better days be coming for you, Terri…..soon! I miss your family’s smiles.

Latest threads

Top Bottom