It went by to fast...

....summer break. Amanda returns to school tomorrow as a 4th grader and Logan starts kindergarten next week.

I was feeling a bit nostalgic and took the D2x today. On camera SB800 bounced. Always loved this flash setup.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back to school in JULY!!!????? wow-when do they get out?
Regardless, that is a great shot--and BTW, a D2X ain't a nostalgia machine--it's my everyday camera! The kids have sure grown---fast!

Nick,
Its year round track school here. She was off for 5 weeks. D2x is a fine image maker. You might say I cut my teeth on it as I had one of the first ones in this area.

The bane of her existence.

D2x is so good at flash setup that I sat the camera down for a moment and my wife picked it up and shot this.

Very nice capture of the moment. The lighting is excellent. Would you care to share how you bounce the light in the first picture to get such gorgeous lighting?
Thanks,
Doug

These are just priceless Charles, it is amazing to see your children growing up!!
Your wife is a great photographer - the last is a real gem, it wants to be poster size!!

Agreed, your wife has talent too!!! :smile: :smile: And it is wonderful to see them growing up, amazing how quickly it's gone!

Your children are so beautiful. I love the pictures you have posted recently of your daughter. she is gorgeous. Those eyes, oh those eyes. The little guys is very handsome too.

Great captures. Great memories.

Very nice capture of the moment. The lighting is excellent. Would you care to share how you bounce the light in the first picture to get such gorgeous lighting?
Thanks,
Doug
I had a wall behind me and not far away. The flash head was point into the wall and celling. Very similar to butterfly lighting in studio. Should be able to find some information on the net.:wink:

These are just priceless Charles, it is amazing to see your children growing up!!
Your wife is a great photographer - the last is a real gem, it wants to be poster size!!
To us the changes seem slow, but to the cafe members that have followed along it must seem like major changes every time I post a picture. You will never see my ugly mug blown up to poster size. :eek:

Thanks

Agreed, your wife has talent too!!! :smile: :smile: And it is wonderful to see them growing up, amazing how quickly it's gone!
Don't tell her that! She might want to pick up the photography habit too. I always thought it was funny that I have cameras from the P&S size all the way up to my Linhof on the shelf and she rarely uses one. If she does, its usually the TX1 for shooting video.

Your children are so beautiful. I love the pictures you have posted recently of your daughter. she is gorgeous. Those eyes, oh those eyes. The little guys is very handsome too.

Great captures. Great memories.
Thank you. I think her eyes are famous. At least here on the cafe anyway..

Nice shots. Can't believe they go back to school in july! lol
The year round schedule is interesting. I swear they have more total days off than we ever had on a traditional plan. It gets interesting in a couple of years because the year round plan is only through grade school. For a few years we will have one on traditional and one on year round. That should make vacation planning fun.:rolleyes:

Very nice Charles and good luck to your kids in the new school year.
Thanks Gordon.With Logan now going there I would wish the school luck. LOL

She has some stunning blue eyes.

We start school the 3rd week in August.
It really depends on light placement. If I don't get the right angle they look almost silver. Thats a normal school start. Always hated going back to school on my birthday.:rolleyes:

Another first morning back to school and another picture at the stairs. Available light with a Panasonic G1 and kit lens at ISO 400.

I'm always struck with how beautiful your children are, Charles. Your wife took a fine picture of you and Logan. You look so happy being just being near him. It might make a nice avatar.

You're the first person I know to own a G1. What do you think of it?

I'm always struck with how beautiful your children are, Charles. Your wife took a fine picture of you and Logan. You look so happy being just being near him. It might make a nice avatar.
Thanks Frank and thats a good idea to use that as an avatar.

You're the first person I know to own a G1. What do you think of it?
I like it a lot. It feels like it weighs as much as the battery from my D2x so its nice to carry everyday. The 2 "kit" lenses of 14-45, and 45-200 are good and have VR. Having a live view that I can flip and twist allowing me to shot portraits from waist level is great. That allows me to shoot proper perspective without killing my knees.

Its the first 12mp camera that I have come across that resolves higher than a D2x. Like the D2x noise can be an issue for some people. I have no problems shooting either to ISO800. It does very good long exposures. The night shots I have done at 60 seconds were very clean.

What I didn't expect was to enjoy old manual focus lenses so much. The G1 with adapters can use just about any brand of lens made. I have started a nice collection of older Olympus lenses.

With the "crop factor" of 2x a 50/1.4 has the same FOV as a 100mm. That FOV with 1.4 aperture and 1 stop more DOF is very nice for portraits.

The negatives are build quality, poor flash controls, and noise. Its just not built like the upper end Nikons that I have grown used to. On board flash control is in the menus and only allows + or - 2 ev. No manual settings which I prefer. Noise is better than P&S, on par with D2x.

I could go on and on. Feel free to PM me if you any questions.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom