Italian snapshots :)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by italy74, May 2, 2007.

1. It's unbelievable to see how many people ask to be put on internet..
    Taken yesterday night at this rock festival:
    All taken with D200 + 50 F1.4 + SB600

Due to the problems in downloading, I resized from Original to Large the size.

http://italy74.smugmug.com/gallery/2787856

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A "cards' reader" :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  2. Excellent street pics, my friend, but they require a HUGE download to vieew them... about 35MB. Maybe that's why you haven't gotten any responses.

3. This is true. I also tried a couple times to see if you replaced them with smaller ones, but they are still huge.

4. I finally had the patience to wait them to load. The problem is that you posted original sized images, it seems. That means that are much bigger than anybody's monitor (even the 30" ones! :eek:). To post on the Internet, it is customary and good form to post pictures at a pixel size that matches most folks' monitors. That's why it's a good idea to size them at 900 pixels or less in the largest dimension, factoring in other things on the screen around the image, etc... Even if the images appear resized when viewed in your browser (because the browser realizes they are way too big and presents them in a more suitable form), they still are downloaded at full size, and that's a huge waste of bandwidth... and people's time. Sorry.

5. A very nice set.

And agree with others about the file sizes.

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Yes apparently people like to have their photos taken ( at least when they're partying :wink: ).

Like the others said it really takes a long time to load , almost too much for one's patience . . .

7. Ciao a tutti (Hi all)

I'm very sorry, next time I'll post smaller sizes, my laptop wasn't SO slow to load them.. and I'm connected with a wireless 384kbps card... It was much slower uploading to smugmug than seeing them here.. Let me see if I can do something... in the meanwhile, the original link is here: http://italy74.smugmug.com/gallery/2787856

8. Just reduced the size,
    all the best :)

9. Working on another few shots about last May 1st.. will be back soon :)

10. Here I am.

Mara, 18 yrs old, just got her driving license. We celebrated together on Sunday, April 29th.
    [​IMG]

Nicla, her younger sister. She's quite tricky... if you know "monopoli" well, once I helped her when she needed money to go by.. at least she could, she left me with debt and escaped away with a better player !!!! She's a shark, while playing...
    [​IMG]

Their father Giorgio.. doesn't he looks as SOMEONE here??? Just imagine with a more serious look, shorter hair and a pair of sunglasses always on...
    [​IMG]

11. Another one about Mara..
    [​IMG]

Differently from her sister, she's always quite silent and introverted but also natural in her poses.

12. My friends Elena, Andrea (my wedding witness) and Luca, coming visiting me from Liguria on May 1st.

[​IMG]

13. Andrea and Elena, messed as usual... :)
    [​IMG]

14. ps I KNOW there's a flat lighting but they were more hungry than desirous to be the aim of my shots :D

15. Luca, "praying" to stop my shooting :)
    [​IMG]

16. Ouvertures.../1
    [​IMG]

- REAL Parmesan cheese,
    - little mozzarella bonbons surrounded by mixed kind of ham: from culatello (simply the best), to northern speck to bresaola, nuts, coke

17. Ouvertures /2

[​IMG]

- little flavoured bread donuts with cheese and "cherry tomatoes" and aside once again the little mozzarellE (plural form) used for the bonbons and the various types of ham. I stopped here but my wife then prepared
    Carrot-flavoured lasagne (much "lighter" than standard one, but equally good)
    as first course
    Scaloppine meat with porcini mushrooms as main course
    Grilled,sliced and filled potatoes at her way, with bacon or ham and a bit of butter, rosemary and sage
    Strawberry cake, coffee.. that, just to know, here we drink THIS size (any other "dispatched" for Italian Espresso is just a fake..

[​IMG]

This is a 2-3 cc sized coffee cup, over that size, here, is already "a LONG coffee"

well, I could have taken it much better... just was in a rush..

18. This is ONE of the cakes she does for birthdays..
    [​IMG]

or another one..
    [​IMG]

a third.. with her...
    [​IMG]

a fourth.. you've just to choose how do you want it..
    [​IMG]

well, I guess now you understood why I'm getting fatter year by year... :)

19. Another, last, film one... is that your mozzarella as juicy as this one???
    [​IMG]

20. Please stop showing all the food, I get hungry!
    In the meantime, I will drink a good black coffee... :smile: