*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the figures, another 20 000 in the USA. The title says "confirmed cases" so I'm just wondering if they include "probable" cases or if that is only people who have paid for a proper test?
A friend in Texas says it costs $9000 for the test where she is.
We're paying $120 per test.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking at the figures, another 20 000 in the USA. The title says "confirmed cases" so I'm just wondering if they include "probable" cases or if that is only people who have paid for a proper test?
We're paying $120 per test.
View attachment 1658138View attachment 1658138
We have a secret weapon, Drump. :eek:

Yesterday I had to go to an emergency dentist - he was from India and we discussed the problems they are going to have.
He said to me "Do you think there are really only 1000 cases in India when a small place like New Zealand already has 500 cases?".
They are going to have to start using smaller dots for their map or in a month we won't be able to see the borders.
View attachment 1658110
I read in India they're caning people who aren't abiding to quarantine and social distancing. I live by a small private college and I still see groups of college kids hanging out! The caning method doesn't sound so bad in order to enforce the rules! :D

There seems to be a lot of confusion about that. I actually don't think it's possible to know in advance what the cost is for any particular individual. The cost depends on a combination of who is conducting the test and the coverage provided by the insurance company, if any. Moreover, in America the system (the law) allows an insurance company to commit to any particular coverage to their insured in advance and then back out of the commitment later after their insured acts on what their insurance company provided in writing.

I read in India they're caning people who aren't abiding to quarantine and social distancing. I live by a small private college and I still see groups of college kids hanging out! The caning method doesn't sound so bad in order to enforce the rules! :D
"Back home" in South Africa they are using rubber bullets which is more effective. I saw some of those 'caning' videos and they don't seem to hurt that much.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about that. I actually don't think it's possible to know in advance what the cost is for any particular individual. The cost depends on a combination of who is conducting the test and the coverage provided by the insurance company, if any. Moreover, in America the system (the law) allows an insurance company to commit to any particular coverage to their insured in advance and then back out of the commitment later after their insured acts on what their insurance company provided in writing.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...l-funding-free-tests-sick-leave-idUSKBN2101VL

That article isn't current; it was written before the bill got to the Senate. I still have lots of questions. Maybe they've been answered in the bill that has been passed, as I haven't read it. Maybe not.

Consider this: "And this week the Senate passed and President Donald Trump signed legislation to make testing for the virus free for many people who need it, including the uninsured." Notice that it doesn't say that testing will be free for everyone. I really don't know and hope I never have to personally find out. Excerpted from https://www.consumerreports.org/healthcare-costs/how-to-pay-for-coronavirus-tests-and-treatments/

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Checking in, here...

I was supposed to travel to Budapest and Istanbul on April 10, and last month had hoped against hope that I would still be able to travel. Earlier this month, however, Delta and Turkish Airlines both cancelled my flights, so that was that. My hotel reservation in Budapest was nonrefundable, but since I had made the reservation through booking.com, the price of the hotel was refunded in full, in addition to all of the $$$$ that I paid out to the airlines. My only loss was the cost of my Turkish visa, which was $50.

Trust me when I tell you that I was bummed, but in the scheme of things, I do know it was for the best. The one thing that has made my day has been the fact that I am working remotely from home and will be doing so until May 1. Since I consider myself to be one of the worlds biggest introverts, being at home is straight up my alley, and I have to say that I am loving it. I have everything I need, including paper products, and I’m finding that this shelter in place business isn’t so bad after all. 😊

Stay safe, everyone, and to all those who are on the front lines helping to secure our safety and to provide us with our needs, I give you my thanks.

And now? Breakfast. On tap - tofu scrambled eggs and toast! Hey, Nick and Mike - you want some???😁😁😁

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I don’t know why some has such a strong reaction to tofu. It tastes good(at least the real one here in Asia), can feature in a large variety of dishes, and very nutritious.
Always knew I liked you, Phil, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Indeed, tofu is very versatile and I use in many different ways (sauces, stir fry's, eggs...etc). I developed my love for it while in Asia and it is a staple in my house.

It has been so long since I've eaten tofu that I actually don't remember what it's like.

As for stocking up on paper goods, I knew the truck carrying paper goods was to arrive at my local store overnight. When it showed up the previous Saturday, it had none. So, I was really hoping it would bring plenty this time. I went to the store soon after it opened this morning at 5:00am. I felt guilty taking six rolls of toilet paper, not because that's a lot (I usually buy eight in a pack), but because that was about one-third of their stock. Similarly, I took one of the ten six-packs of paper towels. Still, there was no Kleenex to be had.

It has been so long since I've eaten tofu that I actually don't remember what it's like.

As for stocking up on paper goods, I knew the truck carrying paper goods was to arrive at my local store overnight. When it showed up the previous Saturday, it had none. So, I was really hoping it would bring plenty this time. I went to the store soon after it opened this morning at 5:00am. I felt guilty taking six rolls of toilet paper, not because that's a lot (I usually buy eight in a pack), but because that was about one-third of their stock. Similarly, I took one of the ten six-packs of paper towels. Still, there was no Kleenex to be had.
Hi Mike,

I just don't get this toilet paper shortage.... I picked up a package, 30 rolls per pack, of TP from Costco about 2 weeks before the madness started. Now if you know Costco you know I have enough TP to last till fall... The news was making a big thing of baskets being full of TP at Costco, but the thing is one package fills the basket.

I am glad to hear you were able to get some TP and paper towels. I wonder what the hoarders will do with all their TP when this is over?

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" TP shortage, don't they know paper grows on trees???" - Georgie Beagle

Who needs toilet paper ?

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
I don’t know why some has such a strong reaction to tofu. It tastes good(at least the real one here in Asia), can feature in a large variety of dishes, and very nutritious.
I also really enjoy tofu, and cannot understand why it gets such a bad rap.

Checking in, here...

I was supposed to travel to Budapest and Istanbul on April 10, and last month had hoped against hope that I would still be able to travel. Earlier this month, however, Delta and Turkish Airlines both cancelled my flights, so that was that. My hotel reservation in Budapest was nonrefundable, but since I had made the reservation through booking.com, the price of the hotel was refunded in full, in addition to all of the $$$$ that I paid out to the airlines. My only loss was the cost of my Turkish visa, which was $50.

Trust me when I tell you that I was bummed, but in the scheme of things, I do know it was for the best. The one thing that has made my day has been the fact that I am working remotely from home and will be doing so until May 1. Since I consider myself to be one of the worlds biggest introverts, being at home is straight up my alley, and I have to say that I am loving it. I have everything I need, including paper products, and I’m finding that this shelter in place business isn’t so bad after all. 😊

Stay safe, everyone, and to all those who are on the front lines helping to secure our safety and to provide us with our needs, I give you my thanks.

And now? Breakfast. On tap - tofu scrambled eggs and toast! Hey, Nick and Mike - you want some???😁😁😁
I actually like tofu. It's great added to soups, fried with spices, on toast (a tip of the hat to my British heritage!), in smoothies with fruit, and more. Not the most wine-friendly food by itself; though the spicing changes it that. I'd much rather eat lentils (we have some 12 kinds) and beans, chickpeas, etc. Curried lentil-ginger soup for a cold day.

My brother-in-law Matt was sent home from his work as a superintendent of a hospital construction project because he was in contact with a delivery person who has been tested for the virus. The test took place a week ago but the results are not yet known.

Matt has a wife and three young children, one of whom has Down Syndrome. He should stay in the master bedroom and the bathroom attached to it. Food should be brought to him. Everyone else in the family should stay outside that area, which would be really easy to do in their home that has other sleeping areas and other bathrooms. All of that should happen at least until they learn the results of the test given to the delivery person.

So far, neither my wife nor I have convinced Matt or his wife to isolate Matt. Instead, Matt and his wife are even sleeping in the same bed every night. Unbelievable to me, except that it's very believable.

It's not worth exposing his wife and young children needlessly should he test positive.
If he should come around and decide to isolate have him make sure the intake for the heat and cooling system is not located in his isolated area.

My brother-in-law Matt was sent home from his work as a superintendent of a hospital construction project because he was in contact with a delivery person who has been tested for the virus. The test took place a week ago but the results are not yet known.

Matt has a wife and three young children, one of whom has Down Syndrome. He should stay in the master bedroom and the bathroom attached to it. Food should be brought to him. Everyone else in the family should stay outside that area, which would be really easy to do in their home that has other sleeping areas and other bathrooms. All of that should happen at least until they learn the results of the test given to the delivery person.

So far, neither my wife nor I have convinced Matt or his wife to isolate Matt. Instead, Matt and his wife are even sleeping in the same bed every night. Unbelievable to me, except that it's very believable.
I'm constantly amazed at those who refuse to acknowledge the potentially gruesome side of this virus. A biological hell in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom