*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I share the frustration that people in Italy must have felt (not to mention China) when reading these stories.
Italy tried to warn the rest of Europe, no one listened simply because of the "not invented here" syndrome.
Every nation thinks they know better than their neighbours because their scientists are the best, their health system is the best...
The number of times I hear and read that everyday in the media makes me sick.
As if the virus decided to behave differently when it crossed a few lines on a map.

Last edited:
There used to be a time when the media would only report the facts after verification. Then it was up to the viewer/listener to form their individual opinion based on only the facts. Now almost every news agency wants to give what they feel should be your opinion.

It has been so long since I've eaten tofu that I actually don't remember what it's like.

As for stocking up on paper goods, I knew the truck carrying paper goods was to arrive at my local store overnight. When it showed up the previous Saturday, it had none. So, I was really hoping it would bring plenty this time. I went to the store soon after it opened this morning at 5:00am. I felt guilty taking six rolls of toilet paper, not because that's a lot (I usually buy eight in a pack), but because that was about one-third of their stock. Similarly, I took one of the ten six-packs of paper towels. Still, there was no Kleenex to be had.
It would depend on what it was flavored to be at that dinner Mike. Frankly, I would only try it again if it was supposed to be a McCallan pudding.

Quilted Northern.
There are some very fast quilters out there. This quilt will never need a date on it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

News agencies do not publish facts, they publish drama and/or opinions. Drama and/or opinions sells stuff whereas facts are boring useless things intended to clutter up opinions. I refuse to become part of the herd! GIVE ME FACTS FROM WHICH I WILL FORM MY OWN OPININS!

Someone finally analyzed ALL the numbers, not just the tested/hospitalized/deaths. Overall mortaility rate of Covid less than one percent and about seven times that of typical flu. Read it here. I've been saying this for weeks. Quit listening to the press and look at the DATA. Particularly where it has run its course like the Princess cruise ship and South Korea. Forget about data coming out of China. Who knows what's going on behind closed doors.

Locally, they are advising everyone who has access to a mask wear one when out in public.
The reasoning is better to have a little protection than none and protect others around you.
At least scarfs or something of that sort if none are available.
I picked up some cloth ones to get by and ordered some surgical masks (not healthcare critical) as backups. I have researched and found some different methods to sanitize them in between uses. They range from steam only to steam and microwave. Any of you have some methods that you feel are the best for sanitizing?

Locally, they are advising everyone who has access to a mask wear one when out in public.
The reasoning is better to have a little protection than none and protect others around you.
I picked up some cloth ones to get by and ordered some surgical masks (not healthcare critical) as backups. I have researched and found some different methods to sanitize them in between uses. They range from steam only to steam and microwave. Any of you have some methods that you feel are the best for sanitizing?
microwave will not do anything. The recommendations I've seen are to heat in an oven at 158 degrees for 30 minutes.

We were in our grocery store today. very light traffic and we were the only mask wearers, we have the flat surgical kind leftover from our medical drama. Not virus-proof but we wear them in public to prevent unconscious face touching. I see that as the primary need for them now. I have a large County political page and I am advocating there for the use of such a homemade mask for the same reasons. We have 4 positive cases in our County of 28,000. Albany Ga. exploded into a HOT ZONE about 10 days ago, The seed was 2 funerals on the same day. Over 400 sick and 27 dead. Any type of mask would seem to be of some help. CDC is iffy about suggesting we wear a mask, the issue seems to be logical, that it will deprive our HERO medical personnel. CHEERS to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom