*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A PDF from October 2019, a review of an influenza pandemic. Lost opportunities. You do not have to read very far to get the picture.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...5bd797500ea55be0724/optimized/full.pdf#page=1
One or 2 problems with that, Tom. It has too many words, big words, but not the best and most beautiful words. :cool: :rolleyes:

Come on professor, you can do it, just read the first 4 or 5 pages. "Confusion" and "contradiction" stand out, reads more like a prophecy.

Come on professor, you can do it, just read the first 4 or 5 pages. "Confusion" and "contradiction" stand out, reads more like a prophecy.
Actually I did read it—I'm now hiding down in my wine cellar :ROFLMAO:
In tis part of the country the crimson contagion is what we use to describe the Washington State Univ Cougars :D (I better be careful, my wife taught there for 35 years!)

Yes, Nick it looks a rather miserable "out in the great outdoors" day doesn't it.
I'm happy at home. Done with dinner, enjoying my wine and my communing with my Nikon Café community, aided by candlelight. Cheers.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm too lazy to run run numbers, but my county, which has just over 2 million people, has 373 confirmed cases, and 13 deaths.

California was pretty quick to shut things down, but fortunately not so tightly that we can't go out at all. My family has been enjoying walks and bike rides about our neighborhood, which is not population dense, and we are fortunate to have hills and trails that are empty in walking and riding distance of the house. I am out each day to get into my classroom so I can remote teach, and I also do lawns a few days a week, but in those activities, I never come within probably 30 feet of anyone else. Gas station is closest I come to being near anyone not my immediate family. I'm about as busy as I ever was, but in a very different way.

Last edited:
His COUNTY, in the state of Georgia. Up here in Latah County, Idaho, we have 1 infection and no deaths, so far!
ok, missed the missing "r" :)
I just read a comment that seems to describe most of the world at the moment:
"Having some states lock down and other states not lock down is like having a peaing section in a swimming pool".
[Had to spell it wrong so it wasn't blanked out]

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill
"Having some states lock down and other states not lock down is like having a peaing section in a swimming pool".
[Had to spell it wrong so it wasn't blanked out]
On the outside it might seem that way but I live in a state that's not locked down. (Wyoming). The locals in our town are distancing just like everyone else and the town itself is essentially shut down. The larger towns like Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, and Jackson have settle in place orders. Just not state wide. As far as not leaving my house you have to know the wide expanses in a state like ours to understand. Like I said in an earlier post, if I leave my house, besides my wife I'm more than likely to see a Moose, a Grizzly, or even a Cougar before I see another human our density is that low.

The locals in our town are distancing just like everyone else and the town itself is essentially shut down. The larger towns like Cheyenne, Laramie, Casper, and Jackson have settle in place orders.
That's exactly like where I live, which is a suburb of the nation's capital.

Depending on your definition of locked down, there is no state in America that is locked down.

Last edited:

JPS

...and it looks like China didn't even have to TEST anyone ! The disease stopped all by itself 😳 ! Marvelous, isn't it 😉 ?
05163473-1B84-4336-84DB-B487650471BD.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom