*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this is all over many people will probably remember it as being the Time of the Toilet Paper Crisis..... Like Terri, I'm OK with toilet paper and other paper goods because as winter approaches and during winter I tend to buy extra of certain things, including TP, Kleenex and paper towels, just in case we have a big snowstorm and I cannot or do not want to go out for a while. This has paid off now, as I'm comfortably supplied for a while......

When this is all over many people will probably remember it as being the Time of the Toilet Paper Crisis..... Like Terri, I'm OK with toilet paper and other paper goods because as winter approaches and during winter I tend to buy extra of certain things, including TP, Kleenex and paper towels, just in case we have a big snowstorm and I cannot or do not want to go out for a while. This has paid off now, as I'm comfortably supplied for a while......
Great minds think alike!!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
We are in lockdown and the main problem for me is food shortages. The reason is panic buying. There has been a billion pounds (=$1.2billion) of extra food bought by people. As soon as items arrive at the supermarkets they are snapped up. The online delivery services for food have all pretty much collapsed - you can't order them at the moment. First the shortage was toilet rolls, then pasta and canned food, now it is also milk and vegatables and all kinds of things.

Tomorrow I'm getting up at 6am so I can drive to the supermarket and join a queue outside the supermarket at 7:30. The queue will start to move at 8am when it opens. Only a small number of people are allowed in at a time, so as one person leaves another is allowed in. Someone supervises the aisles to check everyone stays separated. I'm hoping to get milk and green vegetables and flour and a fish. One can only buy three of any one item.

I have been walking each day in the lovely weather, doing about 6 miles a day at a good speed up and downhill. I hope that keeping the heart and lungs healthy improves survival rate. I keep to places where there are almost no people but do see them sometimes.

We're close to a nice walkway. I saw this elderly couple sitting on the bench and I said to them "Do you know other people were sitting there earlier?" and they said "yes we know". Then I said "Do you know the virus could live on that surface for a few hours?" and they said "Yes we know"... and carried on their conversation...
P1440810.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My state has just been issued at Stay at Home order. All non-essential businesses will close. I understand why, but feel so terrible for all the business owners who will be hurt so badly. I'm pretty sure my job will be on hold for the time being. This surely is an interesting time!! Have any of you had your employment affected? My county doesn't even have any confirmed cases, does yours, Nick?

I am out of work since the 15 of March , our county issued a stay at home order on the 19 , now the whole state is on stay at home order. So far we have 52 cases in Gunnison county ( but 58 pending results ) 1 dead ... all roads are closed , it is The Shining overhere !!!

Sorry to hear about you being out of work. If roads are closed, how to people get supplies?

Thanks Jim , roads are closed for the outsiders willing to come in Gunnison county … Locals can still drive but only to go groceries shopping or to the pharmacy ...

I am out of work since the 15 of March , our county issued a stay at home order on the 19 , now the whole state is on stay at home order. So far we have 52 cases in Gunnison county ( but 58 pending results ) 1 dead ... all roads are closed , it is The Shining overhere !!!
Hang in there, my friend! I saw the road signs flashing that "Gunnison County is Closed". So far, I think there have been 5 cases in Mesa County - two of whom have recovered.

Hang in there, my friend! I saw the road signs flashing that "Gunnison County is Closed". So far, I think there have been 5 cases in Mesa County - two of whom have recovered.

Thank you ...I posted picture of the roads signs yesterday on page 26 of this topic...

Then I said "Do you know the virus could live on that surface for a few hours?" and they said "Yes we know"... and carried on their conversation...

That's really nice of you to mention it to them, as they might not have known about it. It's perfectly safe for them in that situation so long as they don't touch their hands to their faces after touching the bench or their clothes that came in contact with it and if they wash those clothes as soon as they get home. Me? I don't have that kind of discipline.

That's really nice of you to mention it to them, as they might not have known about it. It's perfectly safe for them in that situation so long as they don't touch their hands to their faces after touching the bench or their clothes that came in contact with it and if they wash those clothes as soon as they get home. Me? I don't have that kind of discipline.
The things is, they may know that but if they already have it the next person they pass it on to, whose kid just ran up to the bench and touched it, may be unaware.

Real Name
Bill
Yes, being in a rural area is a huge blessing!! As more and more snow melts we will have many places to go and be away from people. We have food, plenty of toilet paper (luckily I bought two big packs from Sam's Club in January before all this happened), Greg's job is still going, and our entire family has stayed healthy so far. Lots of blessings. My dad got on hospice just before all this started. It has been a huge blessing for us that he has nurses coming and caring for him. So we are doing quite well, all things considered.

My situation is similar and is probably even more remote. Odds are that I'll see a Moose before I see another person besides my wife.

I worry about our kids though. All live in heavily populated cities. Boston, Providence, and Boise. So far they're following all the directives but it has to be tough when you're packed in so tight.

Durham County in NC just declared ‘Shelter in Place’ and Wake county is rumored to be not far behind. I had to go get some groceries and dinner (restaurants are still serving carry out and delivery). This was 7pm - usually a packed parking lot.

4D4F537F-D55A-487B-9991-1523712DEA41.jpeg
A6B776D1-011B-4986-908D-A528B1F5F4E9.jpeg

Durham County in NC just declared ‘Shelter in Place’ and Wake county is rumored to be not far behind. I had to go get some groceries and dinner (restaurants are still serving carry out and delivery). This was 7pm - usually a packed parking lot.

View attachment 1657808 View attachment 1657809
Yep - I know what you mean. It's not so much "shopping" for groceries here these days, more like "foraging" for groceries! I'm thinkin' that we're all going to get through this rough patch eventually . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom