*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the store early this morning during the period set aside for seniors. I had such a successful outing that when I returned home I conducted a little ceremony with my wife by wiping the one item off our shopping list maintained on a whiteboard that had been on it for a month. Indeed, I was finally able to buy Kleenex. It's not the kind my wife prefers but we can't be picky these days. I usually buy three boxes at a time, so I did the same thing today, leaving only ten more boxes at the store that had been delivered overnight.

funny, i got a local grocery store near me.....hasn't had toilet paper for a couple of weeks now but, the shelves are full of kleenex boxes....guess no one here figured out you can use kleenex as toilet paper

These figures are just so distressing

don't know where you got that graph from, i have been watching this guy that uses the same graph, i have watched hi, since this all started, he pretty much broadcasts daily, since january whatever he predicted has happened and you can see it in his time stamps if you watch his videos, the governments and their so called experts should of been paying attention to him, as in Canada, our medical expert Theresa Tam is advising not to use masks, such hogwash and this is a government expert????

the guy i have watched is saying even for the long run this is not looking pretty, we are going to be in trouble if this doesn't get reined in with food shortages, already truck stops are shutting down for long haul truckers, they have no place to wash up, shower, go to the washroom, how long before these truckers say it is not worth the risk?

Vietnam has stopped the export of rice, Kazakhstan has stopped the export of wheat flour...how long before more countries start doing the same, he is encouraging people to start doing their own gardening and it makes sense just for the fact that you don't know who has handled what food

anyways, anyone not too depressed to watch check this guy out, and all his vids, pretty much daily he has a new one out

Last edited:
I don't think there are simple solutions.

I also think that this current situation shows that the free play of market forces does not work well when the economy and society are under pressure.
A more centralized planning system might speed up response, such as the use of the armed forces to deploy resources rapidly.

Here is the thing regarding masks, it is a jungle out there in China:
www.rfi.fr/en/europe/20200402-china-coronavirus-face-mask-france-stolen-us

Then the scale of things:
40 million masks only last 1 week in France if restricted to hospitals and healthcare professionals.
Can you imagine how many would be needed for 300-400 million people in the US?
They are single use.
Then the rest of the world needs them too.

Other emerging problems I am reading about are that raw materials for masks and components for drugs are simply not available to support the skyrocketing worldwide demand.
Some drugs are also now put to different uses, increasing the demand.
There are talks of this meaning that some life savings drugs can no longer be obtained.

Re elevators, in our estate the management has implemented a 1 person (or one household isolating together) in the lift/elevator at a time.
The stores have markings on the floor to enforce social distance.

What puzzles me is why doesn't the US apply measures that have already been adopted across the world?
The US have/had the advantage of being amongst the last to be impacted (unless the gov lied with the numbers), it means they could "see into the future".

Last edited:
Finally,
Yes governments have been lying to their population.
All of them.
For different reasons and in different ways.
But faced with the harsh reality they are now doing their best to avoid not only a health crisis but also complete social collapse.
With the level of debts that they are building, life after COVID-19 is likely to mean several things:
-de-globalization
-end of super consumption driven by large inflation and declining purchasing power
-focus on healthcare infrastructure
-government control of key part of the national infrastructure
-major lifestyle changes
-reduction in worldwide long distance travel to benefit local tourism
-reduction in worldwide business travel
-accelerated digitization
-more national centric policies with investment in emergency stocks of vital products
-lock down of Chinese market to most foreign companies
-creation of national or local champions in key industrial sectors
Not necessarily all bad, different.

Just don't put it down your toilet unless you prefer a clogged toilet.
Yep ?
Toilet paper dissolves in water, tissues and kitchen towels absorb water and don’t.
Not the same fibers.
May look similar but aren’t.

What puzzles me is why doesn't the US apply measures that have already been adopted across the world?
The US have/had the advantage of behind amongst the last to be impacted (unless the gov lied with the numbers), it means they could "see into the future".
vanity and arrogance suppressed any red flags raised here in America until the biological tsunami was already out of control :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom