*Italy and Coronavirus - READ IT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bikes now banned from Richmond park here in London.
MAMILs do not maintain safety distances.
Shame.
MAMILs are Middle-AgedMenInLycra, I'm thinking. This wasn't anything filmed recently, rather was just my attempt to inject some levity into the horrible situation that all of us are facing worldwide. Perhaps I posted this video in the wrong forum. If so, no offence / offense was intended . . .

MAMILs are Middle-AgedMenInLycra, I'm thinking. This wasn't anything filmed recently, rather was just my attempt to inject some levity into the horrible situation that all of us are facing worldwide. Perhaps I posted this video in the wrong forum. If so, no offence / offense was intended . . .

Yes, and I appreciated it, stole the link and shared as you did for some humorous relief, thanks for posting. a laugh is always a nice thing to share.

There are two reasons it will slow down.
1. Eventually you run out of people who can get it.
2. Efforts at mitigation. We are already seeing the start of success from mitigation in Italy and Spain. But there is a long way to go.
1. The stay at home lockdown may see a rapid increase in population in 9 months :)
2. As you say there is a long way to go. It has just begun for many countries. I imagine we will see more than
a million deaths worldwide before this is over.

It sounds like my brother-in-law is coming down with it.
Low grade fever, tightness in chest, body aches, fatigue.
He currently takes hydroxychloroquine for his lupus.
Hope that does help like they say it does.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
It sounds like my brother-in-law is coming down with it.
Low grade fever, tightness in chest, body aches, fatigue.
He currently takes hydroxychloroquine for his lupus.
Hope that does help like they say it does.
Sorry to hear this. I wish him well. Has he been staying home for the last several weeks? Hopefully others are not infected.

He's been going to the grocery store and his wife to her Dr. appointment.
When he went to her Dr. they would not let him in due to his low grade fever.
It's just the two of them.

67 new cases for us in New Zealand - quite a nice drop from 89 yesterday but time will tell.
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 2.05.05 PM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Alaska is not a bad place to be right now. So far about one identified case per every 4000 people. Compared to New York state where they have about one case per every 160 people.

Hello everyone.
Sorry for my absence. Thanking God we're still all fine, yet in these days four people I knew passed over and all of them were hit by the Covid, the last one died yesterday and I knew only this early morning.
Even worse, I heard a 5 y.o. boy died - probably the first child I ever heard of.
The good news is the contagion curve seems to be in the descending phase, finally. This is about six weeks after the first case. Still, there are about 129,000 total cases over here: 91000 positives, 16000 deceased and 22000 healed.
Let me share with you another couple of images taken yesterday during Palm Sunday mass - first time ever I remember in 45 yrs that churches are still closed.
Both images go into my Coronavirus project and have been taken with D4s @ 2200 ISO - 15mm - 1/90s - F/6.7 and underexposed 1EV not to have the TV too bright.
There you see the Consecration ( first image ) which is for Catholics the holiest moment of the mass and then the "Our father" prayer.
The priest celebrating is the Bishop of Parma, Mons. Enrico SOLMI , which is probably the only one having a private chapel in the whole province and the opportunity to contact a local TV for broadcasting the event every Sunday.
DLB_7221_coronavirus_family_life_palm_sunday_mass.jpg

DLB_7222_coronavirus_family_life_palm_sunday_mass.jpg

Real Name
Amin
@Beagledog I am allotted one recycled (presumably hydrogen peroxide-treated) mask per week in my medical clinic and was wondering whether daily decontamination with a portable home ozone generator could work. I have it setup outdoors (to avoid breathing in the ozone) using an old fishtank as shown below. Any thoughts?

20200406_062317.jpg

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
@Beagledog I am allotted one recycled (presumably hydrogen peroxide-treated) mask per week in my medical clinic and was wondering whether daily decontamination with a portable home ozone generator could work. I have it setup outdoors (to avoid breathing in the ozone) using an old fishtank as shown below. Any thoughts?
One recycled mask per week!
Your setup looks good. If you can put it in sunlight that would help too. Eventually the masks will disintegrate but with luck the crisis will be over by then.

View attachment 1658545
Amin,

Ozone is quite toxic and using a small ozone generator should generate enough ozone to kill the virus. The ozone is quite reactive so it may damage the elastic in the mask.

Without testing we don't know how effective the ozone would be and if it is damaging the filter. Which is the same problem we have using gamma sterilization: are we damaging the filter?

I think what you is doing is an excellent idea and it should make you safer. There should be a strong pungent smell of ozone when you open the lid if it is working.

I think the world wide N95 mask shortage is immoral. The politicians that caused the travesty will not be the ones to suffer the consequences of mask shortages is will be the brave souls on the front lines: the nurses, doctors, first responders and of course those who clean the hospitals.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"Amin stay safe!!!" - Georgie Beagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom