Italy - Tuscany

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, Jun 23, 2005.

1. I have just finished processing and posting the first of three galleries on my trip to Italy earlier in the month. Here are six pictures from that gallery, I hope you enjoy them. All images taken handheld with a D2H and 17-55mm f2.8 lens.

Assembly hall, Uffizi palace, Florence

Pont del Vecchio, Florence

Side chapel, Duomo, Florence

Christ and Mary Magdalene

Michaelangelo sculpture

Sculpture of Phillipi Brunelleschi's death

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great stuff Gordon! I especially like the last one - it shows the texture of the stone and you can see the agony that both the subject and the artist went through. Keep processing and show us more!

PS on image #2, is the camera tilted, or does the building slope like that - it's Italy ya know so ... ;)

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

This is great.....show some more great shots and I won't have to go there....

4. Thanks Chris. Image #2 was shot with my 17-55mm lens and because the scene is so large you have no choice but to tilt the camera up. This of course leads to converging lines at the top of the image. If there were a way to shoot from higher up and keep you camera level that would not happen but alas there is not.

5. Thanks Ken, you can see the rest of the gallery by going onto my Pbase website. I am still working of gallery #2 and #3.

6. Very nice love the forth one it just reached out and grabbed me for soem reason great comp on your part

7. Thanks Mike, I gave a lot of thought to that image. I purposely let the focus on Mary go soft in order to give emphasis to Christ. It is also one of my favorites. Handholding the camera for all of the indoor shots was a challenge in that it was fairly dark in almost every building.

8. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Gordon, You are giving us all a major treat. First wife and now Florence. Small typo - it's Uffizi. But under any name it is lovely. What a treat to look back on! I too like the tomb, but it's a hard choice over the soft madonna.

9. I have never really seen any photos of italy aside from a few and there on tv. This was a real treat to see some images from there. Great stuff and awesome captures!

10. Hi Patrick and Elliott,

This was a fun trip and I am happy to share it with you. Thanks for the correction Patrick, I will make the change.

11. Nice shots Gordon. Look like you had a great trip :!: . Regards.

12. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gordon

First and last are great,gonna take a look at your gallery later

Hope you both had a unforgettable trip

13. Thanks Dao and Hans. The trip was fun but a lot of hard work too with all the walking every day.

14. Very nice shots. Have always wanted to go to Italy.

Now I can view it from the comfort of my recliner.

15. I'm glad I could help your live vicariously. Thanks for your comments.

16. Good to see your photos from Italy, Gordon...
    ... but the best part is having you back 8).

I just finished my tour of gallery 1. It's filled with wonderful images, but for me, this one stood out from the pack.

17. Hi Frank, thanks for taking the time to look and comment. As for the above picture, I think we all felt that way, I just couldn't find anyplace to sleep like that. After 40 hours in route we were pretty wasted.