It's a Biiiig Scary world, but I'm all right...story + pic

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Frits, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Story: This afternoon, I was walking around looking for something to continue testing my 300 f/2.8. I ended up having a nice spring walk in the woods with NOTHING worthwile to shoot. Then I noticed this tiny squirrel, who promptly ran away to shelter deep inside this HUGE pinetree. I say: WTH, here is something to try out my focusing, the low shutter speed (late PM) etc. more out of boredom then anything, thinking that I'll flush the pic afterwards.
    Now: I kind of like it. I like the tiny animal being enveloped and safely sheltered by this big tree. The effect of the soft late day light, the play of Bokeh.....anyway, am I losing it?????? What do you think?:

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shot.

I think you could crop it a bit more and keep the effect. Whatcha think.

I was out playing with my 50mm 1.8 today and was very pleased.

It really is tough when you go out, in a great mood and nothing appears.

One keeper for the day is worth the time :>))))))

3. Thanks for your suggestion, Gale. I kind of liked the sense of this tiny animal safely sheltered in the huge tree with no worry in the world (for now). Hence I thought it worked uncropped.
    But I'll certainly give your suggestion a try and see what it does.

4. Very successful test Frits!! I have the toughest time with squirrel shots. Those little critters are jumpy!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

5. Nice isolation of this little guy.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Fritz,

I like it. The pic and the story reminds me of many shooting outings that I have taken, where the targets are rare, but you still bring home something that provides a link to that time.

On top of that, the pic ain't bad. :lol:

Frank

7. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Frits,

I got the red X at first but then the picture came up.. and I like it just as it is........ interesting foreground and background and perfect little squirrel.

Gaye

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I like the pic....makes me think of looking in through a window w/blinds partly pulled shut (the bit of leaves in the foreground). Nice colors as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.