1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It's a Rain Lily!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cajun angel, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I took this photo quite a while back and never did find out what it was until today, so I'm posting it again - it's a Texas wild flower called a rain lily!

1388134062_73f3c3bfd4_b.

2. tektite

tektite

Jan 23, 2006
    SE NH
    Very beautiful! Haven't seen any here in NH.

Happy shooting,
    Gary

3. Thanks! I took this photo at least a year ago. I hope I can find some of these again and do a better job.

4. I have never seen a Rain Lily. It is beautiful and you did it justice.

5. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    It's a water lily!

6. Nice shot Dianne...shows its form well.
    Also known as Atamasco lily...the scientific name is Zephyranthes atamasco

7. Thanks ya'll! I know where I can find them and would love to try to do better on it. I can't remember exactly what I was after that day but saw this flower and just snapped a photo of it = more for ID than anything. I think I need to buy a set of kenkos or maybe a 500D filter - can't afford a macro!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.