It's a Wide Angle, it's a Macro, it's 2,

2 lenses in one! ;) Just a fun test shot from my newly arrived Tokina 12-14 f.4. I bounced a little flash from my SB800 into a piece of copy paper to help light it better. Shot it 1 handed! :shock: Looks like one on Ednaz' efforts (to some small degree). PS, I just got this Gerberra in a 4 in pot Sat afternoon, so it' hasn't grown any.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used No
Focal Length 24 mm
Exposure Time 1/60 sec
Aperture f/13
ISO Equivalent 100
Exposure Bias
White Balance auto
Metering Mode center weighted (2)
Exposure Program aperture priority

Halo schmalo, those are the yellow edges!

Gale said:
bEAUTIFUL dAISEY.

(quite a halo, steve.
I swear, this flower has yellow edges. I did hit it with much sharpening at all! I cropped it 50%, reduced it's size by 50%, then hit it with Fred Miranda's Nik CS Sharpener @Level 1!

Like this, Gordon?

greyflash said:
Nice image Steve. If you had the Velvia PI from Fred Miranda it would really bring that yellow edge out. I like to use this PI for flower shots.
Boy, that IS better, thanks!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Both versions are beautiful Steve, but I actually like the first one a little better. In any case, I'm very discouraged that you and Gale are beating me and my tripod with shots using only one hand. I mean, Jeez.... 8)

If it makes you feel any better Frank,

Flew said:
Both versions are beautiful Steve, but I actually like the first one a little better. In any case, I'm very discouraged that you and Gale are beating me and my tripod with shots using only one hand. I mean, Jeez.... 8)
I did take several shots, before I got one I liked. :wink: And, man, is that 2X with it's RRS L bracket, the SB800, and lens heavy when you're shooting with one lousy hand! I could'a used a tripod, believe me!

That's very nice! I also like the first one better because the sky looks more natural. This Velvia stuff sometimes does a bit more than we want. Well, maybe the flower from the second and the sky from the first one would be an option.
regards

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom