It's a Wide Angle, it's a Macro, it's 2,

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Steve S, May 16, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    2 lenses in one! ;) Just a fun test shot from my newly arrived Tokina 12-14 f.4. I bounced a little flash from my SB800 into a piece of copy paper to help light it better. Shot it 1 handed! :shock: Looks like one on Ednaz' efforts (to some small degree). PS, I just got this Gerberra in a 4 in pot Sat afternoon, so it' hasn't grown any.

original.gif

Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 24 mm
    Exposure Time 1/60 sec
    Aperture f/13
    ISO Equivalent 100
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance auto
    Metering Mode center weighted (2)
    Exposure Program aperture priority

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    bEAUTIFUL dAISEY.

(quite a halo, steve.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Halo schmalo, those are the yellow edges!

I swear, this flower has yellow edges. I did hit it with much sharpening at all! I cropped it 50%, reduced it's size by 50%, then hit it with Fred Miranda's Nik CS Sharpener @Level 1!

4. Nice image Steve. If you had the Velvia PI from Fred Miranda it would really bring that yellow edge out. I like to use this PI for flower shots.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Like this, Gordon?

Boy, that IS better, thanks!
    original.jpg

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Both versions are beautiful Steve, but I actually like the first one a little better. In any case, I'm very discouraged that you and Gale are beating me and my tripod with shots using only one hand. I mean, Jeez.... 8)

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    If it makes you feel any better Frank,

I did take several shots, before I got one I liked. :wink: And, man, is that 2X with it's RRS L bracket, the SB800, and lens heavy when you're shooting with one lousy hand! I could'a used a tripod, believe me!

8. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    That looks really good Steve.

9. WHOA!!! I don't know how you did it Steve!!! Fantastic!! :D :D :D

10. That's very nice! I also like the first one better because the sky looks more natural. This Velvia stuff sometimes does a bit more than we want. Well, maybe the flower from the second and the sky from the first one would be an option.
    regards