it's been a bad year 2 years

Real Name
Randy
as many of you know I'm a stage 4 metastatic melanoma patient. A year ago April I had some tumors removed and the CT scan showed all gone. I started immune therapy drugs and the tumors came back in 3 months (the previous reoccurrences were 5,5,7 years so they started the heavy stuff) so for the last year they have been kicking my *** but good. My last CT scan showed my body was killing the tumors using my immune system. The side effects are awful causing sever arthritis in my joints so I started steroids which drove my diabetes crazy. So I spend my days on my deck with my friends (birds) singing and posing for me. I have been stage 4 for 14 years now, unheard of w/ metastatic melanoma and I will not quit the fight no matter had bad they hurt me. The mets are now on 1 lung and 1 kidney but are dying. We live in a time where medicine has crossed into a new realm of almost scifi. The day will come where our own bodies will kill the intruders and the only meds will be to jack up our immune systems. We were born with Immune systems equipped to kill most things. Then came these new poisions that trick our bodies into thinking they are good guys and they are let in and they kill us. Most if not all of these new monsters are our own doing. Melanoma for example was our punishment for damage to the ozone layer.
Be scared of the sun, it is not your friend

Randy, I am truly amazed on how you (and Crissie) just keep going. Life isn't for the faint of heart. You are truly and inspiration to us all.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" Randy, you have been stage 4 for as long as I have been alive. My 14th birthday is May 26th. May the force be with you" - Georgie Beagle

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Randy, I am truly amazed on how you (and Crissie) just keep going. Life isn't for the faint of heart. You are truly and inspiration to us all.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" Randy, you have been stage 4 for as long as I have been alive. My 14th birthday is May 26th. May the force be with you" - Georgie Beagle
Thanks Alexis
Poor Chrissie is day to day as her bladder cancer fills her bladder

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
You still have a lot of clicks in your future! Promising to note that your immune system is also "kicking butt"!

Be grumpy, be mean and keep those pics coming to our screens, Randy!

I, too, didn't know that, Randy; hadn't come across any posts here or elsewhere of you talking about it.

Glad to hear the immune therapy is working. Keep the faith!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom