it's been a bad year 2 years

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Thanks

This is a very special place with very special people. I’m not sure there’s anything like the cafe on the internet
Agreed, Randy.

Also, I had no idea you've been doing battle for that amount of time. You've been the subject of several case studies at this point, I'm sure. ;)
There have been some advances made in many types of cancers, and they are also becoming, as you mentioned, less toxic.

I'm glad you continue to kick *** and help make the Cafe a great community. Has your doctor done any studies to see if cantankerousness (is that a word?) is an anti-cancer agent?
:D

Same here Randy, didn't know the battle you were fighting, especially for that amount of time... :(
Both you & Chrissie, keep up the battle mate.. (y)
As you said, "I'm a stuborn grumpy old man who my wife says is too mean to die" so remember, "Only the Good Die Young", you'll out live us all... ;)

I think the baby boom generation has been underrated. Two of my close friends have been in the same fight with one now cancer free from stage 4 melanoma due to an advanced treatment from UCSF. The other has stage 4 lung cancer and is about to get his last dose of chemo but is still busy with his oil painting.

Keep those pictures coming Randy, they're a source of joy.

Real Name
Ken
Randy, I am sorry to hear that things have returned, but it is good that you body is fighting them. And I am sorry to hear about the steroid use. I was steroid dependent many years ago and hated what it did to me, but it was nothing like the ultra high doses they gave me during chemotherapy treatments. It is a wonder drug, but it does come at a price.

Keep fighting and keep moving forward,

--Ken

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Randy, I had to take a deep breath.
Keep on fighting and whenever you'll need support, let us know.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Randy, I am sorry to hear that things have returned, but it is good that you body is fighting them. And I am sorry to hear about the steroid use. I was steroid dependent many years ago and hated what it did to me, but it was nothing like the ultra high doses they gave me during chemotherapy treatments. It is a wonder drug, but it does come at a price.

Keep fighting and keep moving forward,

--Ken
They gotta hurt you to fix you it seems
I hope your ok ken and all that is in the past

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the baby boom generation has been underrated. Two of my close friends have been in the same fight with one now cancer free from stage 4 melanoma due to an advanced treatment from UCSF. The other has stage 4 lung cancer and is about to get his last dose of chemo but is still busy with his oil painting.

Keep those pictures coming Randy, they're a source of joy.
Thanks Ted
Just a few years ago metastatic melanoma was a death sentence

Btw Keytruda infusions are $35k each and the previous drug combo, I forget the names, was $75 each. Last year I blew past a $1m

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom