it's been a bad year 2 years

Real Name
Ken
Thanks Ted
Just a few years ago metastatic melanoma was a death sentence

Btw Keytruda infusions are $35k each and the previous drug combo, I forget the names, was $75 each. Last year I blew past a $1m
And worth every penny if it is working!

--Ken

Real Name
Ken
They gotta hurt you to fix you it seems
I hope your ok ken and all that is in the past
If that is the case, I think I need some of my money back! Actually it has been almost seven years since my third, and hopefully last, diagnosis and treatment. But your post brought back a lot of memories. Battling cancer is a crazy world, but you seem to have the grit and, more important, the humor to survive your journey through it.

Keep healing,

--Ken

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If that is the case, I think I need some of my money back! Actually it has been almost seven years since my third, and hopefully last, diagnosis and treatment. But your post brought back a lot of memories. Battling cancer is a crazy world, but you seem to have the grit and, more important, the humor to survive your journey through it.

Keep healing,

--Ken
The mole was 1982 from youthful sunburns
Back under my arm as a metastasis in 2007
Successful surgery took 58 lymph nodes
Back in 2012 in my stomach
Successful surgery took some small intestines
Back in 2019 in my stomach
Successful surgery
Back again in 2019
Started immune therapy

Real Name
Ken
The mole was 1982 from youthful sunburns
Back under my arm as a metastasis in 2007
Successful surgery took 58 lymph nodes
Back in 2012 in my stomach
Successful surgery took some small intestines
Back in 2019 in my stomach
Successful surgery
Back again in 2019
Started immune therapy
You are one tough and determined $OB!

Good for you,

--Ken

Real Name
Randy
You are one tough and determined $OB!

Good for you,

--Ken
Thanks Ken
When I saw my surgeon in 2019 it had been 7 years since he’d operated on me and he was shocked. Told me he rarely sees a stage 4 again let alone 7 years latter. You do what you gotta do to survive. Photography is a big part of surviving for me. I am obsessed with it.

Real Name
Tony Saya
Randy as you know cancer Sucks I am undergoing similar immunotherapy treatments I was on Keytruda which didn't work well for me now have switched to Yervoy/ Opdivo. Just had a CAT scan yesterday tumor has remained the same size and as my Oncologist says stable is good. My wife's cousin is a 25 year melanoma survivor he is still taking CHEMO. Hang in there.

Randy, that sounds like a good report. I’m thankful for your help, advice and phenomenal photos on the cafe. You’re photos are inspirational, the advice is priceless. You’ve helped me a lot. Thanks!

Thanks Ken
When I saw my surgeon in 2019 it had been 7 years since he’d operated on me and he was shocked. Told me he rarely sees a stage 4 again let alone 7 years latter. You do what you gotta do to survive. Photography is a big part of surviving for me. I am obsessed with it.
Everyone needs a reason to get up each morning and do another day's battle. For many here, photography is motivation and solace.

I have a little bad stuff removed each (six month interval) trip to the dermatologist. Nothing like you have dealt with. You give hope to me (and others here, I am sure). Thanks for being here and for sharing your story.

Real Name
Randy
Randy as you know cancer Sucks I am undergoing similar immunotherapy treatments I was on Keytruda which didn't work well for me now have switched to Yervoy/ Opdivo. Just had a CAT scan yesterday tumor has remained the same size and as my Oncologist says stable is good. My wife's cousin is a 25 year melanoma survivor he is still taking CHEMO. Hang in there.
so sorry to hear your in the battle Tony.
My 1st drug, nuvo something, did nothing and the mets came back while I was taking it, then they added a 2nd drug with nuvo, ipy somethigng and things started to look up. At least I started showing side effects that meant my immune system had been cranked up. Then came Keytruda which gave me severe RA which meant my immune system was going too fast. Then came my 1st CT scan that showed tumors dying and no spreading. There are a lot of drugs at their disposal so I think we will both get out alive. Hang in there Tony and keep fighting

Real Name
Randy
Randy, that sounds like a good report. I’m thankful for your help, advice and phenomenal photos on the cafe. You’re photos are inspirational, the advice is priceless. You’ve helped me a lot. Thanks!
thanks Rick, you've been a good friend to me here and I always appreciate it

Real Name
Randy
Everyone needs a reason to get up each morning and do another day's battle. For many here, photography is motivation and solace.

I have a little bad stuff removed each (six month interval) trip to the dermatologist. Nothing like you have dealt with. You give hope to me (and others here, I am sure). Thanks for being here and for sharing your story.
thanks Doug, we've been friends here for over 10 years and I appreciate it greatly

Real Name
Randy
Keep up the good fight, Randy - you are an inspiration to us all, and you will kick its butt!
thanks Eric
You're not going anywhere. Too tough and too many photos left to take.
thanks Mitch, you have been a good friend for so many years. I'll never forget when you offered to loan me a lens for a trip I was going on.

Besides the great pictures, spot-on advice, droll humor, great dog, great mustache, being at the top of the Café "leader board" and being an all-around great guy I can think of a 1001 other equally important reasons for having you hang around— starting with being uncomplicatedly human.

Hope you get some beef today!

Real Name
Randy
Besides the great pictures, spot-on advice, droll humor, great dog, great mustache, being at the top of the Café "leader board" and being an all-around great guy I can think of a 1001 other equally important reasons for having you hang around— starting with being uncomplicatedly human.

Hope you get some beef today!
wow, thanks Nick, you have been a great friend to me here and I hope someday we can shoot together

Randy everybody can noticed that your very strong keep fighting , keep hoping , keep shooting we are all waiting to see your pictures !!!
( Since 3 years now my wife is also fighting cancer , she had lymphoma they used Rituxin to fight this , but that brought her immune system down and a virus attacked her brain ...so now in plus of lymphoma she has PLM ( Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopatia ) its attacking her brain and there is no cure and no medicine for that ...So now she has no memory , sometimes she can walk , sometime no , her left arm is paralyzed and she has no immune system left , she his at very high risk regarding covid 19 , we cant even make a trip to meet her oncologist ….....)

Real Name
Randy
Randy everybody can noticed that your very strong keep fighting , keep hoping , keep shooting we are all waiting to see your pictures !!!
( Since 3 years now my wife is also fighting cancer , she had lymphoma they used Rituxin to fight this , but that brought her immune system down and a virus attacked her brain ...so now in plus of lymphoma she has PLM ( Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopatia ) its attacking her brain and there is no cure and no medicine for that ...So now she has no memory , sometimes she can walk , sometime no , her left arm is paralyzed and she has no immune system left , she his at very high risk regarding covid 19 , we cant even make a trip to meet her oncologist ….....)
I am sorry to hear this. It's seems so trivial to say 'I hope everything gets better' and it probably sounds even worse to you. I've been so close to the end and somehow bounced back I so understand what you and your wife are going thru and then this dam virus makes it so much worse.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom