1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It's been a hell of a week.... (and it just started)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Jul 28, 2008.

1. I just got back from the Arctic and I see that my images have made a couple of cover stories in major magazines. Also had a few other editors have committed to our pricing arrangements for images that will be published as both Articles and Covers in the coming weeks.

Then today I got a (promo piece) from a film maker in Los Angeles.
    These folks are making a film about working in the Arctic and Climate Change.
    Promo Link....

2. WOW Doug!!!!

That video is very cool, I'd love to see the full film!

3. Doug...
    that is really "cool"...
    You had written quite some time ago that your D300 froze up
    but your D200 kept working.
    Was that for the entire time you were there or did the D300 ever
    become workable?
    Curious why the D300 would freeze up and not the D200 also...
    Really nice promo...the film will most certainly be worth viewing.
    And congratulations on the covers and articles!

4. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Very cool video! I'm not one for cold weather but it surely looks like a lot of fun; what a beautiful untouched world!

Why the rifle? To ward off any polar bears that get a little too curious?

5. Hi Doug,

Welcome home!

Be sure to post links to the magazine articles when they are available.

Nan & I head north on August 14, hope it is warmer than when they shot the video!
    Bob & Nan

6. That is awesome Doug! Congrats.

7. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Very exciting. Congrats!

8. Cool, really cool!

Please keep us updated Doug. Would like to see more from your trip.

9. Well done Doug. It just keeps getting better and better. Good things happens to good people.

10. Taylor

Taylor

May 21, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Awesome!! Can't wait to see the tear sheets :) 

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Pretty Cool Doug. Are you gonna do a book?

12. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Really nice promo. Congratulations Doug!

13. My thinking here is you have the model numbers a little mixed up as I don't shoot with a D300 and only use D200's, D40x's and D3's
    That being said, the D200 had a freezing issue when the temps got very cold. (-50 and lower). The D3 works the best of the lot without question but that is what one would expect.
    Hope this helps

Doug

Hello:
    One of the major reasons I've been on this project is to create a photo book at the end. You can read more about it here:
    IPY-CFL

14. That's a neat video, and my congratulations on your excellent work and for receiving the recognition that you deserve.

I did find the sound track on the video very objectionable and quickly turned it off. The background sounds drown out the commentary. But that's just one man's opinion, and I know it was not your doing.

15. Congratulations Doug! "Amazing and magnificent work"

16. no one deserves it more
    congrats to you.... one of the hardest working photographers we've ever known here

17. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Congrats Doug! I love stuff like this!!!! I can't wait to see the film and future postings of your adventure.

18. Awesome! Most cool (no pun intended!).

19. Congratulations Doug on a job well done and the much deserved acknowledgements you have received. You are an inspiration to all of us!
    Thanks again for that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.