It's Been A Long Time ........

It's been a long time since I have posted here. In 2015 my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I mage her retire in 2016 has she was having problems at her hair salon. I slowed down my work schedule in 2016 and when my real estate license came up for renewal in 2018, I also retired. I don't have much time for retouching any more, I but I do still like to try some new images for the holidays. It's good to see some of the same people here and still posting and commenting.

I started this as a Christmas image, then a Halloween image and decided to just combine the two. I hope you like it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome back Bob, and also welcome to retirement! That image is so perfect for 2020!
Many thanks Palouse .........I am enjoying retirement but wished it was under better conditions. 2020 has been a rough year for everyone .........hoping for a better 2021

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
BOB!!

Welcome back and it's wonderful to see that you have not lost your touch when it comes to your images. This one is superb, just like the others. :)

I am so sorry to hear about your wife; you and she are in my prayers.

BOB!!

Welcome back and it's wonderful to see that you have not lost your touch when it comes to your images. This one is superb, just like the others. :)

I am so sorry to hear about your wife; you and she are in my prayers.
Very kind of you Lyndee, I appreciate it, thank you.

Bob......I wondered where you had gone......so sorry to hear of the sad circumstances about your wife....

It is wonderful to see you back again as I gained so much inspiration from you and hope to do so again if you can find time time to start posting again.
A great image as always and a pleasure to see you back "at the cafe"....

Best wishes as always

Ray

Last edited:
Bob......I wondered where you had gone......so sorry to hear of the sad circumstances about your wife....

It is wonderful to see you back again as I gained so much inspiration from you and hope to do so again if you can find time time to start posting again.
A great image as always and a pleasure to see you back "at the cafe"....

Best wishes as always

Ray
Ray, so good to hear from you ......hope all is well with you and the family. How is the guitar playing and political life treating you?

Ray, so good to hear from you ......hope all is well with you and the family. How is the guitar playing and political life treating you?
Dear Bob

I am pleased to say I have been out of Politics for nearly 10 years now...very busy with my business so focused on that.

Well after 20+ years of not playing guitar, I was taking some photographs of a big soul band (10members) as they wanted some shots etc.

I thought, if ever I played again, this is the band I would love to play in...they were awesome.

About 12 months later, very sadly, their guitarist played a gig, went home and had a massive heart attack and passed away...The band are all older people, some 75...I am 72...

They asked me if I would play again....so...a massive at home week of getting back into playing and then rehearsals......and bang...back on the road at 72.

Sadly covid has brought us to a standstill and our last gig was New Years Eve 2019.

Hoping things improve so we can play again but was loving life with "Soul Survivors"

Really glad to see you back here Bob and I hope that things are okay with you and you and your wife can at least keep safe from this terrible virus...we are going into lockdown again...

Who would have thought this would be such a year....

I am really looking forward to seeing your works again and I hope you find time to create some of your wonderful artwork.....pity we live so far apart as it would be lovely to meet and share ideas.....still we can still do that in "the Cafe".

Best wishes as always

Ray

Dear Bob

I am pleased to say I have been out of Politics for nearly 10 years now...very busy with my business so focused on that.

Well after 20+ years of not playing guitar, I was taking some photographs of a big soul band (10members) as they wanted some shots etc.

I thought, if ever I played again, this is the band I would love to play in...they were awesome.

About 12 months later, very sadly, their guitarist played a gig, went home and had a massive heart attack and passed away...The band are all older people, some 75...I am 72...

They asked me if I would play again....so...a massive at home week of getting back into playing and then rehearsals......and bang...back on the road at 72.

Sadly covid has brought us to a standstill and our last gig was New Years Eve 2019.

Hoping things improve so we can play again but was loving life with "Soul Survivors"

Really glad to see you back here Bob and I hope that things are okay with you and you and your wife can at least keep safe from this terrible virus...we are going into lockdown again...

Who would have thought this would be such a year....

I am really looking forward to seeing your works again and I hope you find time to create some of your wonderful artwork.....pity we live so far apart as it would be lovely to meet and share ideas.....still we can still do that in "the Cafe".

Best wishes as always

Ray
Must be hard to be on the road at 72 .........hard for me to get down my stairs at that age. :) Yes, I'm hoping 2021 will be a better year for all of us and this covid can be contained. It's a very stressful time here in the US and I guess on your side of the pond as well.

The joys of retouching has helped me a lot and it keeps me sane .....I hope to be able to participate aging in this forum. Always enjoyed the people and the artwork.

It's been a long time since I have posted here. In 2015 my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I mage her retire in 2016 has she was having problems at her hair salon. I slowed down my work schedule in 2016 and when my real estate license came up for renewal in 2018, I also retired. I don't have much time for retouching any more, I but I do still like to try some new images for the holidays. It's good to see some of the same people here and still posting and commenting.

I started this as a Christmas image, then a Halloween image and decided to just combine the two. I hope you like it.
Welcome back Bob. First I am sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Alzheimer's is still pretty new to the medical community unlike when I grew up my relatives that forgot things and forgot who they knew were considered forgetful or old age or senile. I never like those terms. I'm happy the medical community has put a work to it called Alzheimer's after all these years. Medicine has come a long way since then. My daughter is starting college next year and then wants to go into medicine and become a doctor. I'm hoping that she will choose to work with patients that have Alzheimer's or ALS. We need more doctors and good scientists to work in that field. Our neighbor's husband has ALS and that too is a debilitating disease. He is in a wheelchair and had to get a van with wheelchair accessibility. When he was diagnose 5 or 7 years ago he and his wife had small grade school children and so he was probably in his thirties. I don't know much ALS but I thought he is way too young to have that disease. It was so hard on his wife because she is a teacher and having to take care of her husband and children it is something I can't even imagine.

Welcome back Bob. First I am sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. Alzheimer's is still pretty new to the medical community unlike when I grew up my relatives that forgot things and forgot who they knew were considered forgetful or old age or senile. I never like those terms. I'm happy the medical community has put a work to it called Alzheimer's after all these years. Medicine has come a long way since then. My daughter is starting college next year and then wants to go into medicine and become a doctor. I'm hoping that she will choose to work with patients that have Alzheimer's or ALS. We need more doctors and good scientists to work in that field. Our neighbor's husband has ALS and that too is a debilitating disease. He is in a wheelchair and had to get a van with wheelchair accessibility. When he was diagnose 5 or 7 years ago he and his wife had small grade school children and so he was probably in his thirties. I don't know much ALS but I thought he is way too young to have that disease. It was so hard on his wife because she is a teacher and having to take care of her husband and children it is something I can't even imagine.
So good to hear from you Melissa ..........I hope your daughter can go on to become a doctor. Health is such a problem around the world. Unfortunately, my wife is now Covid positive. She spent a week and a half in the hospital and is now home. I'm her main caregiver and it's all consuming. On a good note, I tested negative a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your encouraging words ...........

Welcome back. What a wonderful image. I'm getting a small taste of what you must be going through, caring for my mom part time. She has memory issues as well. I'm glad you still found time to make this fun image. I hope you are able to get some time for yourself. I hope to see you here much more.

Welcome back. What a wonderful image. I'm getting a small taste of what you must be going through, caring for my mom part time. She has memory issues as well. I'm glad you still found time to make this fun image. I hope you are able to get some time for yourself. I hope to see you here much more.
Many thanks Terri .......not much time to myself right now as my wife is getting over Covid, but soon I hope. Memory loss is a terrible thing and I'm sorry you are also going through that with your mother. I hope things improve for her .........

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom