Its Done

Hi Y'all,

I haven't had much time lately because of the photo exhibit I've been working on but its over now.

Beth McMillen (my co-conspirator) talking up the exhibit at a meeting
331191970_J6v2j-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The flyer didn't work so she holds up a newspaper article about a good looking local photographer
331191981_3F2xQ-L.jpg

the set-up
331192040_Yojy2-L.jpg

folks start to arrive
331192091_tvhRk-L.jpg

My granddaughter, having just finished Magic Camp, keeps the youngsters entertained with some magic tricks
331192058_Gpgb7-L.jpg

Nancy Ellwood (Flygirl) chats up some folks
331192221_KWrF3-L.jpg

331192204_qqqWd-L.jpg

I had nothing to do with that squirrel warning
331192267_ndrMQ-L.jpg

In the end we reached our target goal of $1,000 with more $ to come from internet sales. Close to 200 folks attended the exhibit. Two other environmental groups have inquired about us doing something similar for them and the Friends of Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge have requested us to prepare a slide show presentation for their members.

The doanted images can be viewed here..

Thank you Bill and Warren. The exhibit would not have had happened w/o the contributuons of yourselves and 23 other photographers. You are they ones who really did it.

hey Harry... looks like a very nice exhibit!!! I still would like to meet up with you guys one of these weekend to shoot some wildlife and scenery either in M.I. or Viera.

Bryan

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
This is just incredible Harry, I'm so proud to have donated a few images for your consideration.

But you are the one that has put so much effort into this: Bravo!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DW Brewer

Congratulations on a job well done. Glad i could participate. Now for a small request. I do some volunteer work for the Cypress Creek and Cache River refuges here in southern Illinois. Could you provide some documentation about my participation in your exhibit? It might serve well to open some doors for oportunities here as well as serve as a provide a record of such participation. This kind of documentation might also prove useful to others in opening doors for them as well.

hey Harry... looks like a very nice exhibit!!! I still would like to meet up with you guys one of these weekend to shoot some wildlife and scenery either in M.I. or Viera.

Bryan

Hey Brian,

It would be great to shoot with ya. My granddaughter returns home on the 19th and my schedule gets free after that. Nancy and I probbaly will be shooting at Viera this Sunday. Drop me a PM.

Well done Harry and thanks for your envolvement in this cause.

You did really well Harry. We are proud of your efforts and they have really paid off.

This is just incredible Harry, I'm so proud to have donated a few images for your consideration.

But you are the one that has put so much effort into this: Bravo!!!

Well done Harry!

Great job Harry!

Outstanding job Harry - just glad I could help out in my own small way.

Wonderful achievement Harry, congratulations!

Thank you all but lets get very clear on the fact that this was a collaborative effort. We got great support from Dgrin, the Cafe, Smugmug, Southern Photo, the Titusville Art League, Florida Today and Lauralee Thompson, owner of Dixie Crossroads.

The real inspiration and impetus for the exhibit came from the community at the Cafe. The artists here donated the images. Their participation in the MI shoots provided the inspiration for the exhibit. None of this would have been possible w/o your contributions and support. I did the grunt work because I was here on the ground but y'all are the ones who made it happen.

My hat is off and doffed to y'all. You did a good job, you made a difference. It was a thrill to see your images displayed, printed out and matted. The way pictures are supposed to be seen as opposed to viewing them on a screen. The folks who attended were blown away by your talent.

Congratulations on a job well done. Glad i could participate. Now for a small request. I do some volunteer work for the Cypress Creek and Cache River refuges here in southern Illinois. Could you provide some documentation about my participation in your exhibit? It might serve well to open some doors for oportunities here as well as serve as a provide a record of such participation. This kind of documentation might also prove useful to others in opening doors for them as well.

PM sent

Latest threads

Top Bottom